How fast do organic fertilizers get broken up? (BioBizz)

• Thread starter starklos
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
starklos

starklos

Hey guys,

a friend of mine recently switched nutrients mid-grow, because he was dissatisfied with his old mineral-based fertilizer. He just started feeding his plant with the new organic fertilizer and now has a nitrogen deficiency, because the new nutrients haven't been broken up yet by the microorganisms. In the meanwhile, he supplements a little bit of the mineral-based one, but he is scared of overfeeding because he doesn't know, when the oranic one "kicks in". How fast can he expect it? He is using BioBizz and is also using their acti-vera according to the official feeding schedule.

best regards, starklos

JimmyCreedog

JimmyCreedog

Is your friend growing in soil? Maybe top dress with worm castings or bonemeal or even manure if he's got a strong stomach. I use GH hydroponic nutrients mixed according to the label when I see a problem. It's just instantly available.

starklos

starklos

Is your friend growing in soil? Maybe top dress with worm castings or bonemeal or even manure if he's got a strong stomach. I use GH hydroponic nutrients mixed according to the label when I see a problem. It's just instantly available.
No, he grows in Coco Coir ^^ Therefore I specifically wrote that he is using acti-vera, because that's the only source of microorganism in that situation :D
I looked up the nutrients that you use, and as far as i understand, they are mineral-based and therefore instantly available (also what he used before). I know that organix ones have to be broken up before being available, therefore they definitely are not instantly available ^^ What I'd like to know tho, is how fast organic nutrients get broken up by those microorganisms

Sorry if i came off as rude at some point, I'm not a native speaker and therefore sometimes don't know how to put it in different words :D

Top Bottom