How fast do plants use CO2?

• Thread starter Gangaman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Gangaman

Gangaman

I know the formulas for figuring out how much gas is needed to fill a given space but does anyone know the rate at which plants use co2 in a given area, like per ft2 of canopy perhaps??

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Too many variables (strain, health, size, temp, humidity, flowering or veg)

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

Just google co2 calculator
Greentree hydro has a good one
Way better off getting a sensor. Or at least one of the cheap test kits

Edit- just re read your post and my response was tarded

Gangaman

Gangaman

Word, well ive got the Autopilot Master Greenhouse controler on the way today and it supposedly has one of the most accurate sensing arrays available so ill get the question answeder for my own need but that's what I was thinking Gr33nl3af but I'm always curious, thanx for the responses.

woodsmaneh

woodsmaneh

Plants will use up all available CO2 around the leaf in under 2 minutes. I run a 15x15x10 2250sqf room with eight 1000w, I have 17 plants in UC systems and I run the room at 1500ppm and use a 20# tank every 6 to 7 days. I run at 1500ppm to equal the room out to about 1300ppm. So when its 1500ppm will at the meter it's 1300ppm in the furthest corner of the room. Hope this makes sence.

There is another thread over in the UC section on this and I have posted some great info on using CO2 in a room.

peace :cool:

Gangaman

Gangaman

Word, it does make sense and was actually the best answer to my question. Not a super important issue if you have a good co2 monitor which I do but more of an academic curiosity. Thanx Woodsman

Top Bottom