How Hard Is Hard Water

• Thread starter tinderthumbs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

so been wondering about hard water should u doing something about it besides letting the chol leach out with letting it set for a lil bit??

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Not to sound rude or condescending,
But I see many simple small posts by you and I must ask,
Why don't you ask google? Like google how to make hard water soft etc. I just googled it I was curious myself, I also googled to see how hard you looked. You will find answers much faster this way, I cross reference all my resources, like seeing if it matches what others say on Google.
It's super easy to ask and receive.
It's better to look it up yourself and make your own opinion instead of asking for others.
Don't get me wrong, this place is very helpful, I use the search bar all the time and ask plenty of questions.
I'm not saying not to ask, just saying your grower life would be much better and more informed if you did some digging first.
Also Jorge Cervantes cannabis encyclopedia is a great book to have.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Probably came off a bit dickish,
But I tell this to buddies that grow when they ask basic information. And also refer them to the basic growing information on this site, which basically has everything and more you could need to know.

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

I ask here to start a chat about it bc im bored
and in theses chats might bring something up some one might not thought of

tinderthumbs

tinderthumbs

and I did not ask how to make hard soft but why is hard water not good for your plants

Bannacis

Bannacis

Throwing ice at your plant is never good.......Hahahaha...huh Eh, I tried.

Man it's ok to just ask a question to get a conversation going...lol it's not like your stealing up somebodies space and time.
So i'm game...
If your referring to tap water, you can get a report from your city water dept. or use a kit yourself.
Letting it sit will leach or Chlorine but not Chloramine, which most cities have.
Chloramine must be filtered out. RO filter system.
And this is with TLO/organics grow. Any EDTA or synthetics , its no problem.
Right now I am unable to use Ro or other. just city tap... So don't use anything fancy as nutes go.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
and I did not ask how to make hard soft but why is hard water not good for your plants
Specifically in this scenario the issue with hard water is carbonate/bicarbonate/mineral build-up. If you were growing in outside soils where rains could flush those minerals away, not much of a problem. If you were growing directly in earth but only irrigated with hard water, eventually it's a problem, but nowhere nearly as quickly as when growing in small containers.

You know how you've got some houseplant that's doing great, then all of a sudden it just borks out and starts dropping leaves? Chances are really good the mineral and/or carbonate levels have built up to a point the plant can't deal with. Where'd they come from?

The water.

That said, neither do you want to *only* use pure or very clean water, some minerals and carbonates are needed.

Also, the smaller the container, the more noticeable the effects.

HTH!

Top Bottom