How high

• Thread starter Cubbies69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cubbies69

Cubbies69

To put 4 2 foot t5s from seed in soil????? These girls are stuck. First time with t5s
How high

stoneyluv

stoneyluv

use the back of your hand as a gauge... if the light is uncomfortable on the back of your hand then it is too warm for the plants. if you can hold your hand there with no feeling that is the best height.

basically as close as you can without burning them.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

In my 3x3 tent with the reflective sides all round i keep 10 2 foot t-5’s 8” - 12” over the canopy.

CapnChronic003

CapnChronic003

Wait what is different? I'm new to this
DIF is the difference between day and night temps. For example, 78 day temps and 68 night temps mean a DIF of +10 (positive 10). A positive DIF will promote stem elongation. Try to keep your temps closer together. The more positive the DIF, the stronger the stretch, the more negative the DIF, the less elongation.

Hope this helps!

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
T5's can be within 1/2 " of the light without burning the leaves, let it touch the leaves and it will burn them. I had this one a bit too close and overnight it grew onto the lamp. I usually keep them within 6 -10" away

Dr.B

Dr.B

12 - 18" above the plants for me, but I run low wattage LED's alongside my t5's, they pump out a bit more heat than the t5's do.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
12 - 18" above the plants for me, but I run low wattage LED's alongside my t5's, they pump out a bit more heat than the t5's do.
That's why I like T5's , I like the heat they put out. The lights alone heat my veg room through most of the year. It's only the deepest darkest days of winter I've had to add more heat but with my new 6 tube fixture it may be enough alone to keep temps up.

Dr.B

Dr.B

That's why I like T5's , I like the heat they put out. The lights alone heat my veg room through most of the year. It's only the deepest darkest days of winter I've had to add more heat but with my new 6 tube fixture it may be enough alone to keep temps up.
Same here. I'm at about a 51 degree north latitude, winters require some heat supplementation but most of the time my lights effectively heat the room. I run an oil filled digital radiator 24/7 365 near the tents at 23 C just to maintain a baseline in the room. More often than not it sits idle.

Latest posts

Top Bottom