How hot could it get before I take my greenhouse off?

• Thread starter Dizzworth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dizzworth

Dizzworth

I wanted to get some opinions on how long I could keep my greenhouses up and how hot is too hot to let them get? I have 3 80 foot rows with both ends wide open. Its been about 85 out here in Cali and its usually about 10 deg hotter in the greenhouses. Is 95 deg too hot? I know plants like it hotter in veg just wanted to get some experienced opinions.

Bannacis

Bannacis

its only gonna get hotter, if ya cant get any cooler, take er down. ya get too hot it will slow down growth.

Blaze

Blaze

It is some what strain dependent but in general the plants growth will slow once you start getting up around 95+. Most stop growing completely once it hits over 100 in my experience. Some strains handle it better though and will keep chugging along. Doing greenhouses in Cali in the summer can be a bitch - it really helps if you can open up the sides and have some fans going.

Here's an easy way to figure out if the heat is affecting your growth:

Take height measurements of some of the plants. Come back 5-7 days later and measure the same plants again - this will show you how fast they are growing. If the temps are getting too hot for them to grow, you will see this on your height measurements. This technique can also be very helpful for spotting issues before the show visual symptoms on the plant. If one or all of your plants suddenly experiences a big decrease in growth compared to previous weeks you know something is up.

Chobble

Chobble

Blaze is about spot on. The minute its over 75 degrees daily or around there you can take em off. Unless your plants need the shelter. 90+ Is to hot for them and there growth will begin to start falling off at that point.

Chobble

Dizzworth

Dizzworth

took them off yesterday thanks for all the input guys :) They were begging for some fresh air

tonic177

tonic177

You have to be careful with greenhouses. Temps can climb extremely quickly in summer heat and before you know it the inside could be over 120. Thus it's important to design them correctly and use shadecloth if necessary.

Abel2fly

Abel2fly

Hey guys I’m a very very new grower and I’m wondering how I can cool down my greenhouse (it’s small)

Top Bottom