How I did my 1st Oil

• Thread starter SmokesalotofVT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmokesalotofVT

SmokesalotofVT

Hello All ..
Well I made my first ever canna-oil Last night..
have not tested it yet .. but should be good ..
My Recipe ..(Using other's Ideas)
and I will use cooking terms as well wich
i think lots of People Dont do ..
(1/4 of a cup)= 1 - Ounce of Bud Trim / Bud, Ground Finely
( 20 Fluid Ounces)= 2 & 1/2 - Cups of Oil (your Choice)
1 Medium Pot or Crock pot
Put oil in Pot ,turn heat on Low (do not Boil)
slowly add in your Product While Stirring ...
Leave on Low heat for 1 & 1/2 to 2 Hrs..
Stirring every 20 minutes or so ,Strain through
Fine stainer ,I used Coffee filters (Too Slow)
and Use gloves... to keep from getting to Fu&ked
up.. store In bottle just Like any oil .. Store in
dark spot ..
Think it's Gonna be some Kick A$$ Oil~!!
ENjoy~!! Edit : Some Pics of Oil before
and After . hard to see
but oil Looks like Olive oil
hehehe ..

Oilcan 002
Oilcan 003
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
next time try that with about of cup of water added, leave in fridge overnight, the oil and water will separate, youll end up with a better tasting product in the end

the water will be brown and foul and the oil will be green and sweet, this works with butter as well

Z

Zissou Intern

how do you separate oil from water? butter hardens but whatabout oil... Freeze it??

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
oil hardens into a gel when you put it in the fridge, I guess you could freeze it too though

1Louisianian

Trying to make canna-salve. Everything I have read says to place product in large pot, cover with water and add olive oil. Boil 4 six hours. Strain with cheese cloth and refrigerate over night. I did all that. How in the world do you separate the oil from the water? It did not gel. It did separate but not gel. I now have a glass bowl with water and product separater but not hardened in any way. How do I separate? Please, please. Need help.

jyip

jyip

go check out youtube for cooking with diane or cannabis infused oil,, ten imunte info on her recipe..she is really smart w./it,,,lots of exp
anyhow
recipe is

put a 1/4 lb of trim, 2 cups olive oil ( or your favorite ) and 2/1/2 cups water... and all you do is cook for 2 hrs in the crock pot ( which equals aprx 4 hrs of boiling time) and than use a grape press to strain the marijuana out ( i used a tee shirt, but its very hot and u dont get it all either ) and than put container into freezer over night, oil and water seperated and take out frozen water, and one half cup oil has one oz trim in it...
i thought it was strong, STRONG!..i used a 1/2 cup for brownies, and eat 5 outta the twelve and i was wrecked , but happy comfortable wrecked, like on mescaline high big grin n goofy high, great stuff

good luck

Ole Scratch

Ole Scratch

I've had problems getting the water to separate from the oil...freezing just seemed to make the oil worse. IMO.
But when I've made butter I have had no problem freezing it to separate them.
Dont forget the strength of the trim you use also matters.
I like to use 8 cups of ground trim to every half gallon of oil...enough that one or two brownies will get you feeling good, but not too overpowering.

Top Bottom