How I Mix Jack's Hydro Pro And Jack's Calcium Nitrate

• Thread starter DGP
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
DGP

DGP

I got this from another grower but modified it to suite a mixing schedule for Jack's. I went with thew often recommended 3-2-1 (gr per gallon) for a cycle but noticed the nugs didn't swell as much as usual. I got slightly better weight than the previous run but wanted to see better development. So, I departed form the 3-2-1 all the way through to a modified schedule that has worked out much better. Something about the 3-2-1 system didn't seem right to me from the beginning.

Here is the schedule and the math I did to get the weights. Note: do not mix up grams per gallon with NPK ratio or you'll really screw up. I do it in parts to make it easier and I mix the solutions in beakers so I can meter it out till I get the PPM levels I want in the reservoir.

"Cannabis requires a 1:2 ratio of P to K throughout all stages of it's growth.

It's worth stating for the record the actual ratios of N, P and K that cannabis requires through it's life cycle:"

Vegetative Stage
N - P - K
3 - 1 - 2

Flowering Stage
N - P - K
1 - 1 - 2

Final Flowering Stage
N - P - K
0 - 1 - 2

Weekly Schedule (NPK Ratios)

Veg week 1: 3 - 1 - 2
Veg week 2: 3 - 1 - 2
Flo week 1 : 3 - 1 - 2
Flo week 1 & 2 : 3 - 1 – 2

Ideal is = 39 13 26

5 12 26 1 part JHP

15 0 0 2 part JCN

1/2 part ES

This actually gives you 35-12-26 (pretty close) which comes out to and NPK ratio of very close to

3-1-2

Flo week 3 : 1 - 1 - 2
Ideal is = 13 13 26

5 12 26 2 Part JHP

15 0 0 1 Part JCN

½ Part Epsom Salts

Comes out to this: 25-24-52 which is right about at 1-1-2 NPK ratio

Flo week 4 : 1 - 1 - 2
Flo week 5 : 1 - 1 - 2
Flo week 6 : 1 - 1 - 2
Flo week 7 : 0 - 1 – 2

0-1-2: (Not exact but I go with it right before flush)
Jacks Hydro Pro 3 parts

Epsom Salts 1 Part

Flo week 8 : 0 - 1 - 2
Flo week 9 : 0 - 0 - 0
Flo week 10: 0 - 0 - 0

"This schedule reduces the Nitrogen two weeks into the 12/12 period which will assist in stopping the vertical growth (stretch). It cuts out all Nitrogen after 6 weeks which will result in a less leafy, smoother burning end product with greater density to the flowers. The last two weeks of plain water is sufficient to leach out all accumulated salts and give a clean end product. Three week flush as advocated by some really isn't necessary if the Nitrogen is cut out after 6 weeks. The people using a three week flush tend to use Canna nutes which have too much N in them for late flowering and this is why they get a benefit from flushing for three weeks.

Hope that makes sense. Despite all the crap the nute companies fill our heads with about the need for all kinds of fancy bottles, you really don't need any of them. Cannabis is a simple plant, a weed in fact, and all it needs is the correct NPK at the correct time plus a full range of trace elements, that is hard fact and no amount of BS and marketing from the nute companies will ever change that fact."

clip_image001.gif

A

Alwayslearning08

I got this from another grower but modified it to suite a mixing schedule for Jack's. I went with thew often recommended 3-2-1 (gr per gallon) for a cycle but noticed the nugs didn't swell as much as usual. I got slightly better weight than the previous run but wanted to see better development. So, I departed form the 3-2-1 all the way through to a modified schedule that has worked out much better. Something about the 3-2-1 system didn't seem right to me from the beginning.

Here is the schedule and the math I did to get the weights. Note: do not mix up grams per gallon with NPK ratio or you'll really screw up. I do it in parts to make it easier and I mix the solutions in beakers so I can meter it out till I get the PPM levels I want in the reservoir.

"Cannabis requires a 1:2 ratio of P to K throughout all stages of it's growth.

It's worth stating for the record the actual ratios of N, P and K that cannabis requires through it's life cycle:"

Vegetative Stage
N - P - K
3 - 1 - 2

Flowering Stage
N - P - K
1 - 1 - 2

Final Flowering Stage
N - P - K
0 - 1 - 2

Weekly Schedule (NPK Ratios)

Veg week 1: 3 - 1 - 2
Veg week 2: 3 - 1 - 2
Flo week 1 : 3 - 1 - 2
Flo week 1 & 2 : 3 - 1 – 2

Ideal is = 39 13 26

5 12 26 1 part JHP

15 0 0 2 part JCN

1/2 part ES

This actually gives you 35-12-26
(pretty close) which comes out to and NPK ratio of very close to

3-1-2

Flo week 3 : 1 - 1 - 2

Ideal is = 13 13 26

5 12 26 2 Part JHP

15 0 0 1 Part JCN

½ Part Epsom Salts

Comes out to this: 25-24-52 which is right about at 1-1-2 NPK ratio

Flo week 4 : 1 - 1 - 2
Flo week 5 : 1 - 1 - 2
Flo week 6 : 1 - 1 - 2
Flo week 7 : 0 - 1 – 2

0-1-2: (Not exact but I go with it right before flush)
Jacks Hydro Pro 3 parts

Epsom Salts 1 Part

Flo week 8 : 0 - 1 - 2
Flo week 9 : 0 - 0 - 0
Flo week 10: 0 - 0 - 0

"This schedule reduces the Nitrogen two weeks into the 12/12 period which will assist in stopping the vertical growth (stretch). It cuts out all Nitrogen after 6 weeks which will result in a less leafy, smoother burning end product with greater density to the flowers. The last two weeks of plain water is sufficient to leach out all accumulated salts and give a clean end product. Three week flush as advocated by some really isn't necessary if the Nitrogen is cut out after 6 weeks. The people using a three week flush tend to use Canna nutes which have too much N in them for late flowering and this is why they get a benefit from flushing for three weeks.

Hope that makes sense. Despite all the crap the nute companies fill our heads with about the need for all kinds of fancy bottles, you really don't need any of them. Cannabis is a simple plant, a weed in fact, and all it needs is the correct NPK at the correct time plus a full range of trace elements, that is hard fact and no amount of BS and marketing from the nute companies will ever change that fact."

clip_image001.gif
Recently started Jacks. Very interesting I stumbled on this. And would love to try this for my next run.
So during veg week 1-2 & flower wk 1-2
it’s 3/1/2

Flower wk 3-6
1/1/2

Flower wk7-8
0/1/2
New to this journey and just wanted to clarity this is correct. This is following the format part a/ epsom/ part B
I also stumbled upon someone else in this forum mention, how it’s the nitrogen and formula of 3/2/1 that hinders the yield of harvest.

Top Bottom