How I simply use coco indoors.

• Thread starter Dye
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dye

Dye

Ok not claiming to be the best at coco or anything but I have managed to stay stoned
For twenty years straight out of my bedroom using simple coco.

Ok first the brick right? No one can argue this must have a brick.
How i simply use coco indoors

Ok brick was added to a gallon of warm ph’d water I ph to 6.

How i simply use coco indoors 2

Mix by hand less then a half hour later.

How i simply use coco indoors 3

20 pound bag of vermiculite because they deliver it to my door, no real special purpose over perlite.
Though it is coarse!

How i simply use coco indoors 4

Mixed in that’s it.

How i simply use coco indoors 5

I use this stuff I have for Decades, in my bubble cloner and I feed my seed for a couple weeks with it.
Seems to be mild and gets plants off to a good start

How i simply use coco indoors 6
How i simply use coco indoors 7

Insert your seeds I pre wash the pot with my clonex mix until it drips out, I sequence a little out.
Seed pops there’s love in the air.
How i simply use coco indoors 8

3 gallon pot in flower

5 inch pot in veg.

I water with ph’d in the 5.8 to 6.2 range

Wet brick after sucking up water.
How i simply use coco indoors 9

That’s it hope it helps somebody out, who may get overwhelmed with there first grows etc.
Enjoy the journey old school pothead still jiving.But keeping it simple.

How i simply use coco indoors 10
Last edited:
Dye

Dye

What ever happen to the art of potting up. Start small let roots wind a little when you can pull out of pot in one piece put in bigger pot.
Veg longer but in bigger pot for flowering.

Something to that nature, this was big years ago, old growers screaming hey dude that plants swimming in there.
Does it have swimming trunks, your are going to need a life Preserver for sure. You give her swimming lessons.

Bigger pot small plant over watered, overfed! Just a thought on a Stoney gray windy day.

Dye

Dye

I do not know where coco got started but it became very big with auto pots the famous auto pot value.
Self watering units, the value fills a chamber by float type technology. From Australia

Story is some engineering type gadget maker in Australia saw something in that famous popular mechanics magazine.
That gave him the idea for the auto valve.
Down under, dude made the auto valve great simple power dependent free self watering gadget.
Basically dude was a grower too, loved the tropical rainforest philosophy for watering plants and he was a engineer.
So he felt self wicking systems are the most natural way for plants to reach there best potential.

I still have the first auto pot system they sold 20 years ago.
I have updated to a newer system, little upgrade to the value plus wider tubing, bigger pots individual multi unit systems.
Which is really cool for marijuana, somebody was thinking.

Anyway I started with coco this way, bottom feeding self wicking.

The auto value became big in Australia I saw these outdoor type warehouse grows.
Of tomatoes with these systems, read up on them. Was very impressed with the growth and simplicity.

I feed my plants from the top until I put them into its last pot.
Then it’s auto pots connected to a 15 gallon res. With a couple of air stones to keep the water moving some.
Not a must, but something I do, old hydro habits.

I feel coco excels in bottom feeding, even simple self wicking pots.
Which I also use with coco. I flower some plants in simple 3 gallon self wicking pots.

Self wicking takes out the over under stuff and it’s a lot more relaxing.
You can spend that time checking your plants out, instead of lifting up pots for weight.
Or just guessing. I am all about ease of grow and truly learning about the plant.

Simple self wick is based on rain forest technology, the plant gets water anytime they want.
It’s not swimming in water but always can get it. The rainforest plants waters anytime it wants.
Well that’s the philosophy behind self wicking technology auto pots took it to another level.

I see a lot of coco grows here which actually blew my mind.
Nobody was using in it America much years ago.
People in Europe knew about the stuff.

Figured I pass along something to think about.

That is coco works best with bottom watering.

If I want to add something extra, I will pour it into the pots like soil.(cal mag etc if needed)
I keep the res and system pretty basic. One of the 100 of 3 part grow formulas they sell I use,
And not all that much of that. I do add some extra stuff for flowering like we all do.
For taste and budding. No names because everybody feels there’s works best that they use!
Which it probably does. Can not argue with experience and success
Nobody does better then you when it comes to your shit!

Hey not a know it all, but I have used and studied this coco self wicking use
For quite a while! Just some info, no harm no foul or like most early neighborhoods.
No blood no foul. Keep it simple, but make sure you keep it!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom