How important is the 12/12 cycle?

• Thread starter Faelan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

Faelan

Hey my fellow cannabis cultivators. 😊

As the title says, i was wondering how important the 12/12 cycle is?
I have a timer on the light, and while the light is on, i need to have the openings in the tent open, because of heat and humidity. When the light turns off, i then close all of the openings, but how much will it matter if the plant only get around 11 hours and 50 minutes of complete darkness? Since some light will get in, while i an closing the openings of the tent.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hey my fellow cannabis cultivators. 😊

As the title says, i was wondering how important the 12/12 cycle is?
I have a timer on the light, and while the light is on, i need to have the openings in the tent open, because of heat and humidity. When the light turns off, i then close all of the openings, but how much will it matter if the plant only get around 11 hours and 50 minutes of complete darkness? Since some light will get in, while i an closing the openings of the tent.

It will be fine if you are consistant.

F

Faelan

It will be fine if you are consistant.
Thanks for the answer. 😊 When you say i need to be consistent, so that then mean that the time every hole is closed have to be exact down to the minute? Because then I could just give it about 10 minutes less light, so it will be closer to 12 hours of complete darkness, i'm guessing. What i an worried about is, that it matter, how long time it will take me to close everything, someyimes og may be done in less than five minutes, sometimes Maybe ten minutes.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Thanks for the answer. 😊 When you say i need to be consistent, so that then mean that the time every hole is closed have to be exact down to the minute? Because then I could just give it about 10 minutes less light, so it will be closer to 12 hours of complete darkness, i'm guessing. What i an worried about is, that it matter, how long time it will take me to close everything, someyimes og may be done in less than five minutes, sometimes Maybe ten minutes.

A few minutes shouldn't be a problem. But in my experience you will need a better system or mistakes will happen.

F

Faelan

Yeah, i am trying to get the system up running automatic. I think it will help, when i get my exhaust and intake fan delivered. I believe i then can make it, so the holes are closed at all time, so i don´t need to open and close as the temp/humidity rise and fall, and it should be delivered before my plant reach flowering, since it has just entered vegetative stage. But i was just wondering. Thanks you so much, for the reply. Appreciate it. :)

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Yeah, i am trying to get the system up running automatic. I think it will help, when i get my exhaust and intake fan delivered. I believe i then can make it, so the holes are closed at all time, so i don´t need to open and close as the temp/humidity rise and fall, and it should be delivered before my plant reach flowering, since it has just entered vegetative stage. But i was just wondering. Thanks you so much, for the reply. Appreciate it. :)

No problem. Good luck. You should read about light proofing your fans and ducts too.

Top Bottom