how it's done?

• Thread starter joehank
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
joehank

joehank

incase I get a chance to try someday. So if I find a male of something that is good, let it grow away from anything else, even outside if necessary. When it starts popping collect some pollen and let it dry a few days or so. Select a female plant. Take one branch of the female plant and carefully dust some pollen with a small paint brush.
ok at this point, should i put some plastic or something around the part that got pollinated? Should I spray the rest of her with water to get any stray pollen? Also when should you dust her, as soon as you see buds forming? Can this stunt the growth of the rest of the plant?

homebrew420

homebrew420

use the freshest pollen posssible to ensure the most seeds. week 3 dust females for many very healthy and ripe seeds. Seperate the female away from the others of you can. Becarefull using plastic, could cause some rot issues though, water works maybe an hour after pollination. everything else sounded correct. good luck
Whatcha working on?

Peace

chief greenthum

chief greenthum

Pollinating will not stunt the growth of the plant. The amount of energy the plant is putting towards buds is decreased slightly, but all that energy goes into making healthy seeds, so your buds will appear bigger. In short, no, your plant's growth will not be stunted. I agree with everything homebrew said, no plastic! Use brown paper bags to cover the buds for the rest of the day, after pollination, this will absorb any trapped moisture, and reduce pollen transfer to unwanted branches. The next day, take the bags off and spray the plant down with a foliar, make sure to drench pollinated branch, an surrounding branches.
Hope this helps,
Chief

Top Bottom