How Late Can I Use Eagle 20?

• Thread starter Elevator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Elevator

Elevator

Hi all,
Before I get flamed by really opinionated people, I will be treating plants that are for my consumption only. I want to know how late I can spray eagle 20 without the bud being harsh. I just started week 4 of a 9 week flower cycle and my PM is not responding to organic or homemade control methods, and since I can't afford to buy bud from a dispensary for the next 3 months until my next harvest, that was probably sprayed with all kinds of crap anyways, I want to spray with eagle and defeat it now, and give it the next 35 days to dissipate. Will it be harsh? Has anyone used it in mid flowering before? I've studied the half life and I'm confident I will be just fine smoking it but I need real world experiences please. Thanks!

Blaze

Blaze

It's far to late to spray something like Eagle 20. Not only will it be harsh, it will be toxic to consume the bud as well. E20 can remain in the plant tissue for several months after application (this has been confirmed by lab tests just FYI). Furthermore E20 is for turf grass and ornamentals, not consumables. The active ingredient Myclobutanil, is a PAN "Bad Actor" Chemical as well as a reproductive and developmental toxin and an endocrine disruptor. Plus it only works well as a preventative - if you already have a PM outbreak it's too late anyway. Using E20 that late into flower won't help your PM much and it will be a health hazard to anyone that consumes the finished product.

To combat PM Regalia can be used as a soil drench, Stylet Oil and organic seaweed can be sprayed up to 14 days before harvest will no ill effects, and Oxidate can be spot sprayed right up to the day of harvest. There are many other safe and effective options to E20 for control of PM, just because it is a common fungicide used by growers it does not mean it is a good idea to use it.

Last edited:
Elevator

Elevator

It's far to late to spray something like Eagle 20. Not only will it be harsh, it will be toxic to consume the bud as well. E20 can remain in the plant tissue for several months after application (this has been confirmed by lab tests just FYI). Furthermore E20 is for turf grass and ornamentals, not consumables, and only works well as a preventative - if you already have a PM outbreak it's too late anyway.

To combat PM Regalia can be used as a soil drench, Stylet Oil and organic seaweed can be sprayed up to 14 days before harvest will no ill effects, and Oxidate can be spot sprayed right up to the day of harvest.

I appreciate the input, but will any of that stuff work? Serenade, sodium bicarb, milk concoctions. None of it WORKS. It's too late for sulfur burners too, that DEFINITELY left a taste last time I had this problem years ago. I read on a different forum with a link to a study in china that myclobutinal used in tobacco farming in China had a 10% residue 21 days after application. I'd be going 35 days, plus dry and cure time, so about 50 days before I would consume any. I know how people feel about eagle 20 but all things being fair, it should have barely any residue after 30-40 days from what I understand.

I just want to know if anyone has actually smoked it after they sprayed and if it was indeed harsh. Thank you though, I appreciate the response!

Elevator

Elevator

I looked into the Regalia just now and I didn't find any information implying it can combat current PM, it seems to help prevent it. Stylet oil says it will work on current infections, but would any oil work? It implies that the oil will disrupt the cell walls of the PM, so would other oil based products be as effective? I don't want to have to use the Eagle, but I've lost crops in the past due to organic 'cures' that don't work. And that's coming from someone who has a large permaculture organic garden in his yard. I haven't had PM in years but my AC unit broke during a snow storm and the RH was 80-90% for three days before I could acquire a replacement. I forgot how frustrating this shit is.

Natural

Natural

horsetail tea. simmer 1oz of Equisetum arvense in 32 oz of water for 20-30 min...strain and add enough water to make a gallon. Spray everyday for 3 days and once every week after. Once plants get infected enough they will remain scarred and plants that are already budded out will have a tough time coming completely full circle, but if you stay on it and fix your environment you can eliminate it and save your crop.
fyi stylet oil is not very effective outside of a couple days

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Everything I mentioned works.
@Blaze knows his shit homey......... Use E20 at your own risk. And if you move forward to using a known toxin remind me to never sesh with you using your stash!!!! :puke2: @Elevator

Work on your enviros and you will reduce the problem with most cannabis maladies. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound o bud. :D

Elevator

Elevator

@Blaze knows his shit homey......... Use E20 at your own risk. And if you move forward to using a known toxin remind me to never sesh with you using your stash!!!! :puke2: @Elevator

Work on your enviros and you will reduce the problem with most cannabis maladies. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound o bud. :D

Ya my POS new hydrofarm ac took a shit at the worst possible moment, I'm getting a minisplit to avoid potential future failures. I haven't had this issue in years.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Word up....... Dont buy any HF gear all Chinese bullshit........... Especially reefers. Have heard nothing but bad reviews about their gear. Sorry about your dilemma. Hope you get it sorted soon. Respect........

Elevator

Elevator

Word up....... Dont buy any HF gear all Chinese bullshit........... Especially reefers. Have heard nothing but bad reviews about their gear. Sorry about your dilemma. Hope you get it sorted soon. Respect........

Thanks homie. I should have put the $400 for the HF portable towards the $800 mini split I had to buy anyway. Sigh...

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Those portable air cons are garbage. I have two gathering dust in the garage.

When I had PM issues I ph'ed some water up to 8 or 9 (pm only grows in ph 6-7 I believe) and applied it as needed, no phytotoxicity ime.

Also, a major cause of pm is a spike in rh when the lights are out, so a dehuey (perhaps on a timer or a day/night rh controller) will help.

I read the (a) study about tobacco in China a while back and it's noteworthy that systemics cycle through plants way quicker outdoors due to sun, wind, rain, etc.

Best of luck.

Elevator

Elevator

Ya and I agree about the systemics cycling quicker outdoors, it's a very valid point.

I was completely against Eagle 20 for years because I smoked tainted bud and it felt like my lungs were bleeding and my coworkers were getting migraines and rashes. It turns out one of the growers at Southwest Alternative Care where I used to work had hit them in late flowering, just a two weeks before harvest, on his last harvest before he left the company, since they got paid based off weight and what 'tier' it sold for in the dispensary, he probably didn't give a damn. I was furious. I swore off systemics. Then I started to research and learn about actual agriculture and myclobutinol. I never grow anything that isn't from my seed stock and never had an issue, until now. That three days of 80-90% humidity was WITH a good dehumidifier but I run a sealed room and there was a foot of snow on the ground. And with powdery mildew in the air since it's spring in Denver and powdery mildew and MJ grows are EVERYWHERE, it just must have got in my room and infected them.

Elevator

Elevator

Thanks for the love, I don't know if that was for calling out SWAC or Hydrofarm hahahaha! My good friend worked for LivWell (years ago) who got raked over the coals over Eagle20 and other toxic chemicals. He told me he sprayed that shit in flowering rooms with no respirator. He was making $11/hr. We talked him into quitting.

Thanks for the info everyone, I just talked to a good friend who works for a Strainwise franchise and he is going to come over and check it out. He claims Organicide will work I'll just have to spray frequently.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks for the love, I don't know if that was for calling out SWAC or Hydrofarm hahahaha! My good friend worked for LivWell (years ago) who got raked over the coals over Eagle20 and other toxic chemicals. He told me he sprayed that shit in flowering rooms with no respirator. He was making $11/hr. We talked him into quitting.

Thanks for the info everyone, I just talked to a good friend who works for a Strainwise franchise and he is going to come over and check it out. He claims Organicide will work I'll just have to spray frequently.
I have actually used milk twice and it worked for me. But I cought mine real early and assaulted the shit out of it. Made it to harvest for what its worth. Can I ask how and what method did you try using milk. Was it whole milk, skim 1/2 n 1/2 etc. How long did you treat for??? Ratios blah blah........Stuff like that

Elevator

Elevator

My wife actually tried the milk cure on our pumpkins a few times and it never stopped it. A homemade wormcastings tea held it off while we removed real bad individual leaves, but ultimately, like most people say, it's just a band-aid, not a solution.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Hi all,
Before I get flamed by really opinionated people, I will be treating plants that are for my consumption only. I want to know how late I can spray eagle 20 without the bud being harsh. I just started week 4 of a 9 week flower cycle and my PM is not responding to organic or homemade control methods, and since I can't afford to buy bud from a dispensary for the next 3 months until my next harvest, that was probably sprayed with all kinds of crap anyways, I want to spray with eagle and defeat it now, and give it the next 35 days to dissipate. Will it be harsh? Has anyone used it in mid flowering before? I've studied the half life and I'm confident I will be just fine smoking it but I need real world experiences please. Thanks!
So what if the eagle 20 makes it harsh? It's the fact your smoking cancer causing chemicals is the problem. I'd rather go without for 3 months then to get cancer from smoking the eagle. Think about it

Elevator

Elevator

So what if the eagle 20 makes it harsh? It's the fact your smoking cancer causing chemicals is the problem. I'd rather go without for 3 months then to get cancer from smoking the eagle. Think about it

I hear you and you should limit exposure but here's the deal: So does smoking bud period. And campfires. And fried food and bbq. Any high heat that hits a combustible causes cancerous compounds to be released. Then there's the heavy metals in the bud you are ingesting, which I'd wager are a bigger threat to overall health. There's also the emissions from the power plants that burn coal and whatnot to get you the MASSIVE amounts of energy for your inefficient grow lights which are probably located somewhere near your home, or you're just poisoning someone else. If it's not grown in the sun in plain 'ol soil and organic compost, with spring water, NOT municipal flouridated water, and with NO ammendments, and cooked down into organic coconut oil that was never stored in plastic and then eaten in a healthy meal by you, then no matter how you spin it, there are carcinogens you are consuming to get high. Period. Yes, I realize there are different levels, but the whole Eagle 20 thing is overblown. It's an emotional talking point very few people really understand.

"I only smoke bud that wasn't treated with Eagle 20."
"Hey man, I have some Molly and Acid, you wanna candy flip and drink alcohol (i.e. poison) at Red Rocks?"
"Fuck ya I do!"

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I hear you and you should limit exposure but here's the deal: So does smoking bud period. And campfires. And fried food and bbq. Any high heat that hits a combustible causes cancerous compounds to be released. Then there's the heavy metals in the bud you are ingesting, which I'd wager are a bigger threat to overall health. There's also the emissions from the power plants that burn coal and whatnot to get you the MASSIVE amounts of energy for your inefficient grow lights which are probably located somewhere near your home, or you're just poisoning someone else. If it's not grown in the sun in plain 'ol soil and organic compost, with spring water, NOT municipal flouridated water, and with NO ammendments, and cooked down into organic coconut oil that was never stored in plastic and then eaten in a healthy meal by you, then no matter how you spin it, there are carcinogens you are consuming to get high. Period. Yes, I realize there are different levels, but the whole Eagle 20 thing is overblown. It's an emotional talking point very few people really understand.

"I only smoke bud that wasn't treated with Eagle 20."
"Hey man, I have some Molly and Acid, you wanna candy flip and drink alcohol (i.e. poison) at Red Rocks?"
"Fuck ya I do!"
By all means smoke that shit up! He'll spray em with 25 mm per gallon instead of 2.5 were all dying anyway lol
It's always sweeter when you make that decision for yourself.
I would appreciate if you use eagle up to harvest every harvest so then we can see how long it actually takes to do some damage.

Latest posts

Top Bottom