How Late Is Late?

• Thread starter UgrewWHAT
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
UgrewWHAT

UgrewWHAT

Hey everybody,
I'm in unfamiliar territory and can use some feedback.

I'm used to seeing things that I start in the spring finish by now(Halloween), or if growing a haze variety then early mid November. Well, I picked up a cut this last August 21st and let it go straight into flower out back.

Thing is, she's still got creamy trich's all over and no sign of amber cept' a few scouts out on the sugar leaves. Excellent buds already with soooo many more pistils blowing out of new calyx's and all over. From store shelf to smart pot with soil within an hour of purchase, she's looking like she's still got one to two weeks to go and we're coming up on November 1st.

I've got her in a greenhouse so she's free from any moisture, etc. See, I've grown starters late in the season and I've not seen one before that didn't just dwarf and finish already. They usually read the last week of October darkness and throw in the towel. This Blacklime just hit 70 days today and we're at 10:41 minutes of daylight.

Do I just let her go until she tells me that she's ready? This broad looks like she just got a second wind.

Curious

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Agreed with the above posters.

Given your total daylight hours I'm thinking you're further north than L.A., maybe more around 38*-40* latitude? If so, be cognizant more of mold than anything else.

UgrewWHAT

UgrewWHAT

Agreed with the above posters.

Given your total daylight hours I'm thinking you're further north than L.A., maybe more around 38*-40* latitude? If so, be cognizant more of mold than anything else.
She was a late starter to begin with. I'm already seeing much more than I had assumed I'd get. I'm in the SF Bay Area so you were correct Seamaiden. :)
Aficionado's work is fabulous. This girl has girth and is very well acclimated to our NorCal microclimate(s). That last blast of molasses did something special. I usually alternate between the BigBloom one week then molasses water the next. I stopped the BB three weeks ago and now it's been tap water one week, molasses water the next etc.

This late season explosion is barring on ridiculousness! Lovin it!

UgrewWHAT

UgrewWHAT

She was a late starter to begin with. I'm already seeing much more than I had assumed I'd get. I'm in the SF Bay Area so you were correct Seamaiden. :)
Aficionado's work is fabulous. This girl has girth and is very well acclimated to our NorCal microclimate(s). That last blast of molasses did something special. I usually alternate between the BigBloom one week then molasses water the next. I stopped the BB three weeks ago and now it's been tap water one week, molasses water the next etc.

This late season explosion is barring on ridiculousness! Lovin it!
Pardon the poor picture quality. I'm shooting from a 2mp flip phone cam. I refurbed an old starter greenhouse that I got from a dollar store and that's what I've got her in now. Come to think of it... she exploded after a week in the greenhouse. Hmmmm

Top Bottom