How late is to late For MA?

• Thread starter BDH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BDH420

BDH420

I live right out side Salem MA, Last year I started my seeds at the end of February, This year I was traveling from feb until April. I decided it was to late. Well I got the the itch really bad. I really want to do a couple more this year. I don't have a clone connection or anywhere I can get pre started plants like teens. I just have my seed collection. I have some extra Texada Time warp seeds which do really good in our climate out doors. So I sowed them a couple days ago. Should I just scrap this or try to do it indoors or will I have a little luck and get a small yield? I don't mind if its a small yield I just love the process of it all. Well the harvest is a nice bonus. lol . So is it worth me investing in or should I just wait until next year?

nashobaTHC

nashobaTHC

You should wait till next year. Even if you got seedlings above soil in next couple weeks they’ll only reach 6-12 inches (maybe) before flowering so I wouldn’t waste good beans this year.

HWH

HWH

I live right out side Salem MA, Last year I started my seeds at the end of February, This year I was traveling from feb until April. I decided it was to late. Well I got the the itch really bad. I really want to do a couple more this year. I don't have a clone connection or anywhere I can get pre started plants like teens. I just have my seed collection. I have some extra Texada Time warp seeds which do really good in our climate out doors. So I sowed them a couple days ago. Should I just scrap this or try to do it indoors or will I have a little luck and get a small yield? I don't mind if its a small yield I just love the process of it all. Well the harvest is a nice bonus. lol . So is it worth me investing in or should I just wait until next year?
You could buy some clones. There is a dispensary out here in central MA that sells them. Not sure how big they would get though.

BDH420

BDH420

Thank you. everyone. I figured it was going to be a waste. I think Ill bring them in I have 2 400watt HPS. Ill probably just do them inside. I just didn't want to pay the eclectic for the light the climate control and My regulator is busted for the c02. I also need to clean and sanitize the room. I haven't used in almost 2 years now. Its become more of a storage room. Its going to be a project in its self bringing it back to its older glory. Everything is outdated as we built the room in 98. The ballasts to the 400watt lights are analog and hum like truck. They weigh about 20 pounds each. I also have a 1000watt switchable analog ballast all these are sunsytem with air cooled hoods and glass shields. We went all in which was a big mistake for first time growers. We thought it would be easy to make our money back. Wow where we wrong. We were also just 19 at the time. But we learned along the way. Overgrow came around and was a huge help back in the day. We never upgraded because everything worked and for many many years. we switched out bulbs but that's about it. Those ballast are built to last for sure. Maybe this is the push to upgrade things. I'm sure once the bill comes in I'll want to go digital with some LEDs.

Woodscrew

Woodscrew

Hey fellow Ma grower get those plants in the ground, there’s still plenty of time for them to get decent sized. Seed plants will get much bigger than clones planted now, and you already know the Timewarps will finish well in our area. Assuming you have a sunny Spot and some healthy soil those plants could easily hit 4-5’ by harvest time.

HWH

HWH

Hey fellow Ma grower get those plants in the ground, there’s still plenty of time for them to get decent sized. Seed plants will get much bigger than clones planted now, and you already know the Timewarps will finish well in our area. Assuming you have a sunny Spot and some healthy soil those plants could easily hit 4-5’ by harvest time.
I planted another one today

BDH420

BDH420

You should wait till next year. Even if you got seedlings above soil in next couple weeks they’ll only reach 6-12 inches (maybe) before flowering so I wouldn’t waste good beans this year.
I decided to go for it. even though it was already July I ended up popping 3 seeds got 2 females and 1 male. I took the male inside let it mature then hit the females with it outside. I have nice frosty pregnant flower now. Now I have some bx1 Texada Time Warp seeds. I took a gamble and came out on top this time. they only got about 12 inches tall but its not the flower quantity im after now. Its seed count once the calyx all split and reveal seeds Ill chop her down. Now its just weather and birds I'm worried about.

PXL 20220924 205722329
PXL 20220924 211622230
BDH420

BDH420

You where right I got some decent flower going but i got a male and decided to back cross her this year since I love this cultivar and the real deal seeds are extremely hard to find. The one commercial sell of the seeds Kiwi seeds doesn't have the real deal. So my flower is pregnant and I'm very happy I got them going when I did.

PXL 20220924 211622230
Top Bottom