how long before you give up on germination

• Thread starter imgrowing
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
oh smoking weed with heavy metals,.. i’m sure most of us are already and have been for a while,..
best bet is just try to keep plants healthy as can be until the end, that way they take up less than if they are not feed correct etc etc,..

Redneckx

Redneckx

well first off, peroxide is natural in rain water,..
the peroxide helps with killing any spores, viruses etc and helps soften the seed coating which would help with faster germination,.. i use 5/6% strength for say 8-10 hrs,.. the extra oxygen atom from the peroxide helps the seed by providing air
Sounds more than useful! I'd give it a try on next seeds, thanks for detailed informations!
oh smoking weed with heavy metals,.. i’m sure most of us are already and have been for a while,..
best bet is just try to keep plants healthy as can be until the end, that way they take up less than if they are not feed correct etc etc,..
Sad but absolutely right. My reason to avoid any not necessary nutrients or additives.
That's the goal for every grower to build some healthy plants, but not as easy to archive 😏
Flushing at fhe end pleased my mind with the heavy metals but I think it decreased the smell and therefore quality..🤨

Smokey0418

Smokey0418

it's been 1 week now and only 1 seed popped and gave me a tap root.
soaked for 16 hours then paper towels on a heat mat and the other 9 aren't doing shit.
same routine as always and only had 1 other batch of 5 do this to me.
it's screwing up my planned schedule for an auto/photo grow.
should i just start new seeds or should i give it a couple more days?
If your a stuck on the paper towel , ditch the mat and just put that towel in a zip lock.
Now hang it vertically, in a dark place.

I watch this guy on the gram bostonbob he uses this method to pick out the strongest of all seedlings , sorting for the gems.

No screwing around , if that seed doesn’t crack and start growing like hell then it’s , chit.

Enjoy and good luck with your cracking.

Redneckx

Redneckx

Just planted the seed which soaked for 8 hours right into the jiffy but it didn't crack open so right now I dunno which in direction the seed is growing...can I see on the seed where it will open? Wasn't sure on my small one tbh.

I

imgrowing

okay, i just finally got through to crapking seeds.
they will replace the dud seeds (with other duds i'm sure) but they said the entire order would be satisfied.
meaning all the other seeds i ordered at the same time were null and void if they don't pop.
last time i deal with those (trying to think of a word that won't get me banned) "people"
i ended up soaking the last 5 sour diesel and none popped, then i tried the 5 replacement gorilla glue and still have dick all.
i've done everything exactly as i always have, so i doubt it's me.
1 week earlier i popped 5 out of 5 wedding cake the exact same way and their doing great.

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I ♥ fat colas
Supporter
if just water and no peroxide, than 12 hours floating or sinking does not matter just plant after a 10-12 hour soak,..
Nope I don't use that, want no chemicals on seeds or plants. Just saw peroxid can be organic as well, but by now I'm going to try an organic fast plant gel I got as freebie last week, I'd give the seed one drop now and one when planting...will have an eye on.
10-12h sounds good to prevent rot. Thanks!
Peroxide or some form such as super oxide which is in plants is in all complex living things i do beleive. That's pretty natural to me 🤷‍♂️

B

Budclarkson

okay, i just finally got through to crapking seeds.
they will replace the dud seeds (with other duds i'm sure) but they said the entire order would be satisfied.
meaning all the other seeds i ordered at the same time were null and void if they don't pop.
last time i deal with those (trying to think of a word that won't get me banned) "people"
i ended up soaking the last 5 sour diesel and none popped, then i tried the 5 replacement gorilla glue and still have dick all.
i've done everything exactly as i always have, so i doubt it's me.
1 week earlier i popped 5 out of 5 wedding cake the exact same way and their doing great.
I just had issues with a Gorilla Glue seed. I think the shells are “glued” shut pretty tight.

Use the MrGreenjeans method on utube soak and then PT in a zip lock baggie. Room temp no hearing in a dark cabinet. Last I left some too long soaking in water and some popped and skipped the PT and went straight to soil.

Top Bottom