How long can I keep a clone in 4" rockwool?

• Thread starter weezard
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
weezard

weezard

How long can I keep a clone in 4" rockwool?

Here is the jist, I'm designing a new grow room. My flower room will be running DWC buckets and I wanted to go straight from clone (in 4" rockwool) to my buckets. So the question is, how long can a clone sustain in a 4" rockwool during veg?

I'm trying to come up with the simplest process, clones into rockwool for 4 weeks, then into flower.

Or will I have to use 6" cubes? Or is there some other simple method to clone/veg into dwc?

Thanks guys!

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

supposed to change them over when roots start popping out the bottom
ive seen several people just stick another cube underneith the one popping roots and they just root into that one next
they make a whole bunch of different sizes if anything bigger than a 4' will fit in there

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
you can keep them pretty damn long if you put them on a grate or rack of some sort (instead of in a tray ) so the roots air prune

or put them on a bigger cube or another 4"

H

hemdigler

you can keep them pretty damn long if you put them on a grate or rack of some sort (instead of in a tray ) so the roots air prune

or put them on a bigger cube or another 4"

air prune? can you explain for a noobie?

B

BoCo Buds

If you have them on an open mesh nursery tray the roots will grow out the bottoms of the cubes, but hit air & the tips will stop growing, but will continue to branch out higher up in the cube.

You can have 3' bushes in a single 4" cube if you are feeding it to waste often enough & the cube never dries out.

Top Bottom