How long can roots stay out of water

• Thread starter casualgrowerAZ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

casualgrowerAZ

3 days ago I was doing a water swap on my deepwater culture setup and the roots were hanging for a little while as I got the other bucket ready. It only takes me a moment but I got a little distracted and the roots were hanging in the empty bucket for maybe 10 or 15 minutes. It's a 5 gallon bucket with 4.75 gallons in it 75ml each micro grow and bloom from advanced nutrients. This is my first grow and I do not know any of the science. This is mainly just to see if I could do it. my plant is in the flowering stage and now it looks absolutely miserable. I'm almost positive it'll be dead in days if I don't figure something out The leaves are shrinking turning yellow and falling off. Should I do another water swap immediately or is the water okay? I have never checked pH levels or anything and I haven't had a problem not checking that stuff yet. I am not a grower I don't pretend to be a grower I don't understand the science there's a thousand different products out there. It's no love lost because I can't even use this when it's done I'm going to have to give it to somebody or toss it but I wanted to be able to complete this project everything has been fine up until this last water change. I suppose what I'm really asking is how long can the roots hang in the air before permanent damage is done. Tia.

How long can roots stay out of water
Bilber

Bilber

Hey cas....I'm not 100% certain.....but I will say that I left my nute level almost extinct, a story for another day, for 2ish days.....I ended up filling it to normal when I noticed it.......I drowned my plant.....

Top Bottom