How long do hang em up for to dry

• Thread starter Freaky75
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Freaky75

Freaky75

Hi farmers I've just coming to the end of my very first grow and I was wondering how long before I can toke it . And can I just quick dry some to have now . Thanks

FourthCity

FourthCity

Hi farmers I've just coming to the end of my very first grow and I was wondering how long before I can toke it . And can I just quick dry some to have now . Thanks View attachment 1029208
Let them hang somewhere with an RH between 40-60% with good air circulation but not blowing directly on the buds. Check them daily, youll know they are ready to go into jars when the smaller buds snap off the stems when pulled. At that point it should grind well and you can smoke it but youll be missing out on the full flavor and potency if you dont jar/cure the buds for at least a month or two.

Also, fwiw, you harvested tragically early.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Is this really a thing?

+ another vote for "too early", sorry... waiting sucks.

Yes, you can force-dry a small bud to sample it, but it will be much more pleasant to smoke once it cures for about 6 weeks. (Might as well be an eternity, right?)

Good instructions for quick drying samples in jorje cervantes old grow book.

Microwave on low. 15-30 second bursts. Wrap bud cut up evenly or small ones whole in paper towel.

Turn and check each burst. Once dry can burn easy. The moisture will transfer to the paper towel so needs to be turned and rearanged.

Layed out in thin layer in toaster oven on low heat can work in 10-20 min too.

Done right can feel the effects and get a sense of flavor.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Sorry you have lost a big part of you crop you need to be patient very patient. Oh well have another crack then better luck next time . Od

Briand1234

Briand1234

Might of harvested to early buds don't look like they've reached full size is it an auto?

Briand1234

Briand1234

look like it can go another month or more let it get to 70% cloudy 30% amber what I do than I'd harvest. This is one of my outdoor girls started putting some pink on her 4-5weeks into flower already got another month or more yet.

P 20200911 094433
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
look like it can go another month or more let it get to 70% cloudy 30% amber what I do than I'd harvest. This is one of my outdoor girls started putting some pink on her 4-5weeks into flower already got another month or more yet.
You going for the couch lock hey good luck keep up the good work .

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Nothing Cobba I’m not a big fan at my age and my very active life style I’m at the 5% Amber I like the clear head uplifting racy side , I have got some SC &GG I let go 15%Amber way to heavy for me so the chooks got it my wife doesn’t like the CL either was easy choice tossing out 6 Oz of bud we would never use I’m getting it back in eggs so still winning . Od .

Freaky75

Freaky75

Let them hang somewhere with an RH between 40-60% with good air circulation but not blowing directly on the buds. Check them daily, youll know they are ready to go into jars when the smaller buds snap off the stems when pulled. At that point it should grind well and you can smoke it but youll be missing out on the full flavor and potency if you dont jar/cure the buds for at least a month or two.

Also, fwiw, you harvested tragically early.
[/QUOT
Harvesting earlier gives me a more uplifting body high . It's for my arthritis and my wife's mental health bud that was just a tester off cheep bonsai seeds and I must say they toke great with a fruity taste n sweet earthy smell . I let em go for 7 more days . I have a microscope to look at the trichomes and they look good to me . Sorry I think I put up a earlier pic tho as all were milky n Amber before cutting down .ive got a lovely mix of both trichomes. I only took samples off them . Also a big thanks for all the info . I think it's what suits your own personal choice in smoke too when it comes to harvesting a bit early.🙈🌳🌳🌳💚💚💚

shaganja

shaganja

I use my wife's flat hair press to sample fresh buds. I use it so much, that she bought a new one, and now its mine. Lol just put your bud in parchment paper, NOT WAX. And press it down until it stops steaming. It leaves you with a bud chip. you get a little rosin out of the deal too, if you scrape the parchment paper!

Latest posts

Top Bottom