how long do nutes and additives last?

• Thread starter him
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

him

I just found a bucket i had hid away that's got a bunch of nutrients and additives in it ( vf-11 , fox farm grow big, max sea, silica blast etc..) and was wondering if they go bad after a certain amount of time? i don't see any best if used by things on them..and i have a paint can shaker i could put em in to shake the shit out of them to get them mixed again if they separated or whatever... would i just be better off throwing the stuff out or should it be ok?

And as always guys/gals, thanks so much for all the help I've been given so far..the advice and information I've gotten from this site and you all is priceless..

S

S_D

Depends on storage conditions. I have had some nutes in a controlled environment in my closet just chilling in a rubbermaid and no problems, but left some in the attic for one summer where it gets over 100 degrees outside here so I imagine it's much warmer in the attic and had a gallon jug of Clonex bind up somehow and sounds like its full of rocks now and no longer much liquid. My AN pH down went bad and became super potent. Even one or two drops in 5gal of water goes from 7.4 to 4.2 pH.

Also I know my Great White (benficials) has a best used by date on it.

Most likely it has to due with storage conditions and possible contamination (using the same dropper without rinsing in all nute bottles) but I have used some old nutes I had laying around (just not my go to nutes, but something better than nothing sometimes) for over 3 maybe 5 years old. But if it has stayed around that long most likely I don't prefer to use it anyway. Hard to throw away bottles 3/4 full that cost $80 (even if I don't like) when on a budget.

I guess when in question maybe try it on another outdoor plant with similar growth habits (not mj) and if it has adverse effects on this do not bring it back into the garden.

Top Bottom