HOW LONG DO SEEDS NEED TO DEVELOP TO MATURITY?

• Thread starter Capulator
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
If I do a little chuckin' at day 31 on a 60-65 day strain, will the seeds be viable at the end of the term?

I had a FPOG that showed its flowers way too fast, so I thought I would drop a little plant sperm on a few plant vaginas in another room.

FPOG x Colombian gold landrace
FPOG x Kosher Kush
FPOG x WiFi

These all go to 65 days, so I am hoping 34 days is enough...

smartcalyx

smartcalyx

Not the voice of a pro, but Sounds like your timing is right. ive hit girls with under 3 weeks left and wound up with mostly viable beans. I usually give em at least a month to mature to be safe though

southstreets

southstreets

Yea 3 wks should b the least it should go! You should be good! You'll see seeds poppin outta their pods in no time!

GhostFace

GhostFace

the norm to pollinate females is around 15-25days into flower_you can still pollinate females at day 30-35 _eather way you should take your harvest when you have mature beans_the longer you let them mature the more beans you will have that are viable_ its a no brainer really

JAWS

JAWS

If I do a little chuckin' at day 31 on a 60-65 day strain, will the seeds be viable at the end of the term?

I had a FPOG that showed its flowers way too fast, so I thought I would drop a little plant sperm on a few plant vaginas in another room.

FPOG x Colombian gold landrace
FPOG x Kosher Kush
FPOG x WiFi

These all go to 65 days, so I am hoping 34 days is enough...

you really want a solid six weeks to get the most from your BREED but if your doing the WHOLE plant for seeds and the buds secondary then you can always leave the plant ALONE untill your seeds are MATURE.....

three weeks is just not enough time to get mature seeds in my opinion, GHOST FACES time line is one i like to use aswell around three weeks is when i hit my target plants/branches.....

if your messing with heavyer SAT strains then you can start the breed a bit futher along seeing your SATS will flower longer, much longer with some SATS..
BREED them brother;)

P.S. that FPOG * KOSHER KUSH should be a nice one!!!!

deep buddy

deep buddy

i would say 3 minimum but dont worry about the usual finish date, wait until the seeds are nice and mature( which usually takes at least a month) but i always give em a full six weeks when possible, and they need more food at dif ratio's as well. fwiw

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I only did a branch of each one. I guess i'll update in a few weeks. This is not 3 weeks. its 34 days. that's almost 5 weeks. I can let those plants go a little longer if need be.

deep buddy

deep buddy

I only did a branch of each one. I guess i'll update in a few weeks. This is not 3 weeks. its 34 days. that's almost 5 weeks. I can let those plants go a little longer if need be.
then your golden! :) i love plant sex!

urbanite420

urbanite420

You can always leave the pollinated branches going if you want to chop your meds and let the seeds go. I really don't see a need to flush for beans...but it makes it tricky when u had meds and seeds on the same plant. To maximize seed viability i would keep feeding the plants till you reach your goal for %viable(or mature) and only flush thereafter.

Reactions: SaH
Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Are you saying they are mature when they pop off the plant ?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Five weeks after male first started dropping and this was my ratio.

Catalyst x ( Kalimist x FLO )

S_a_H

I dont understand. What is the comparison? Did those all come out of the one bud and you are showing good seeds and bad ones?

The seeds are starting to get their brown coat now. Kind of cool to watch that happen on exposed pods.

SaH

SaH

Yeah givin enough time that is the seeds I got out of one bud good and bad. I actually found a few more good seeds in it when I broke it up to smoke.

tèchnìquè

tèchnìquè

question! i have a really dank skywalker og male that wreaks of og kush n chlorine jacuzzi water it has tons of balls , at what point should i notice it needs harvesting of pollen. second question is when i get this pollen i was thinking of applying it on some lower branches of, Larry OG, Grease OG, a couple fire super silver haze x og phenos, a really dank strawberry strain with pink hairs that smells almost like an og when growing, sour diesel x chemdog that turns purple and black with oregon duck neon yellow hairs, grape trainwreck from real deal arcata trainwreck grown outdoors in a grape vine turned into purple, grape tasting pheno, n maybe a couple other gems from seeds unknown, what will result from the seeds that come?? is it a blend between the 2?

SaH

SaH

Here is another bud same plant but this branch was against the wall away from the light.

S_a_H

Seeds Lighter
SaH

SaH

Just like a female its going to have preflowers open and drop but you want to wait for budset and add a couple weeks for greater amounts of pollen to be produced and dropped. Just make sure it has no male flowers in it let it dry for a couple hours after collection. ( Male flowers are still wet and if you add male flowers to pollen and they are not dry and you store your pollen won't last.) I mix about 50-50 with flour and place in several smaller containers for storage so when you pull out pollen you are not pulling it all out and exposing just what you need. Once it is in the freezer for a week or two I vacuum pack and put back.

You are going to get leaning pheno's of the mother, father and offspring with the occasional grandparent pheno showing up. Just like in a large family some kids look like mom some dad and some different with the now and then grandparents trait showing up. Depending on how strong the strain is the % are going lean one way or the other.

I have a buddy who does not remove the seeds from the buds until he is ready to plant them just does basic trim and vacuum packs.

I would also include some more N when doing seeds.

S_a_H

SaH

SaH

I also find you get more seeds by placing the flowering male and let it flower along with the females you get better over all amounts of quality seeds as apposed to collecting and then applying yourself the pollen. Now that does let you do small targeted areas i.e. just a branch better.

Here I got 34.5 grams of clean great looking seeds. ( I did pick out all the bad ones in this picture. )

One tablespoon of seeds weighs in at 6.7 grams with 496 seeds in it.

I took 34.5 divided by 6.7 and got 5.149253 times that by 496 and that gives me give or take 2554 seeds from one plant of viable seeds anyone would be happy to buy.

Next week its going to be about 2 months since harvested and i'll do a 100 seed germ test.

VIII Seeds

S_a_H

Latest posts

Top Bottom