How Long Do You Purge Before Pulling The First Vac?

• Thread starter CallMeErrl
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CallMeErrl

CallMeErrl

3g or 30g, purge time shouldn't matter as long as it's not too thick of a patty. Some ppl purge for 5 days non stop.
Yeah you are right about that. But the thickness of the slab is a variable in purge time IMO. Anyways I just recently started blasting onto PTFE so no scraping and spreading resulting in a thin even slab. My chamber just isn't big enough...yet... it would be a much thicker slab with 30g, I would purge much longer than a thin 3g one. In a big enough chamber it would purge the same I think. I'm going to be investing in some better equipment very soon. I'm thinking about getting a closed column pressurized dewaxing extrctor also. it's still open blasting but a much better way(just not sure about letting the flower soak too long in butane). the column is jacketed so you can keep it cold, a valve on the top and bottom to release solution onto your Pyrex or whatever you would use. Check it out if you haven't. BVV has a pretty good one I believe.

FullMelt

FullMelt

Naw man I disagree. By the time I bring it inside it's only 2-10 grams of oil and there's not even close to enough butane to explode my bathroom.
Wow just wow. Please stop everything your doing.
Just buy your oil from the professionals.

CallMeErrl

CallMeErrl

Wow just wow. Please stop everything your doing.
Just buy your oil from the professionals.
I guess I had the wrong idea about this place. I come on this website because I like to make bho and I want to get better at it. Now all your doing is hating and you don't even say why. Atleast give me your point don't be a dick about it. Tell me what I'm doing wrong that you think I need to stop.

FullMelt

FullMelt

The information is out there.
Do your research, there is something called google.
Most people do not want to hold your hand through the whole process.
We are here to help others, but when you see the same question over and over.

EventHorizan

EventHorizan

being that it is so dangerous I do think this is one of them things that cant be repeated enough. Its not like he asked what the best nutrients for yield was or what the ph in hydro is... Even tho I agree we repeat shit all the time, I will give blasting a free ride IMO...

CallMeErrl

CallMeErrl

I know what google is and I searched it man I'm sorry for asking on here. I am not asking you to hold my hand. Your not on here to help me at all this has nothing to do with what I was asking. All your doing is telling me to stop trying or go google it like I haven't heard of it before. I think my process is fairly safe actually so can you tell me what I'm doing wrong so I can continue to blast.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I know what google is and I searched it man I'm sorry for asking on here. I am not asking you to hold my hand. Your not on here to help me at all this has nothing to do with what I was asking. All your doing is telling me to stop trying or go google it like I haven't heard of it before. I think my process is fairly safe actually so can you tell me what I'm doing wrong so I can continue to blast.
I think full melt must have just found spider mites or he was out of weed or something.

Do you freeze everything before you blast, it sounds like maybe you have plant material in your oil?

CallMeErrl

CallMeErrl

I think full melt must have just found spider mites or he was out of weed or something.

Do you freeze everything before you blast, it sounds like maybe you have plant material in your oil?
I just started freezing the tane and my tube when it's all loaded up, but I just got some 25 micron silk screens. I use 3, a coffee filter and a metal screen on top of all that so it's pretty filtered.

M

M24

3g or 30g, purge time shouldn't matter as long as it's not too thick of a patty. Some ppl purge for 5 days non stop.
I'm slightly confided here, are people reallocate leaving there pump running for days at a time

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

Honestly if you have neighbors that close, you better NOT be blasting. Do NOT put the lives of others at risk! Do NOT end up on the news as "that guy. You make it even harder for us.

And yes, run 24/7 as needed for as long as there no cavitation (bubbles), even after flipping the party a few times.

C

Crush It

Why are you worried about who does his caulking or tile or countertops guys damn not to butt in but I say we should mind o ur own damn business in that department and just help the guy out with what he's trying to do.

Reactions: M24
Graywolf

Graywolf

Why are you worried about who does his caulking or tile or countertops guys damn not to butt in but I say we should mind o ur own damn business in that department and just help the guy out with what he's trying to do.

Don't care who does the tile, and you are entitled to express your opinion, but brothers and sisters ignoring the good safety advice offered has gotten people killed, property destroyed, and new laws passed.

Processing as pictured is extremely dangerous. The pump isn't even vented outside.

If you want good advice, I suggest starting by taking the good advice offered.

Leew421

Leew421

I got my pump on actually. The second day. I had a huge return. I ran about 70 grams material and pulled 24 grams oil off only 3 cans puretane

Graywolf

Graywolf

First off, I appreciate all the feedback. I have read "until it's not active" but it seems like it's never going to stop bubbling so I pulled the vac after 12 hours. It stays in the vacuum for about 24 hours, it's only 2-3 grams of oil. I usually let my vacuum run for about 5 minutes and I close off the valve but I hear about people letting their vacs run for hours. Should I be letting mine run for that long?

If you heat your material until it is just molten, usually between 110 and 120F, and then start to pull a vacuum, it will start to bubble. If it starts to foam up to rapidly, hold the vacuum at that level and allow it to calm down, and then continue until you have reached about 10K microns/-29.5" Hg and the bubbling is relatively calm, and then backfill you chamber and flip the patty. Repeat the above procedure until larger random sized solvent bubbling stops, and only small fizzy CO2 bubbles from decarboxylation remain.

Stop and cool.

Graywolf

Graywolf

PS: As soon as you shut off the pump, any vaporization inside the chamber raises the pressure and it is much more active towards the upper limits. Unless you are using a micron gauge, the rise is not obvious.

T

TwisTer46290

It's more about how long do you guys purge your oil before you pull the vacuum. Im not as much worried about harming my counters or blowing up my bathroom because I think there's a very small amount of butane left in my oil by the time I bring it inside. I'm not saying I have it figured out I would like some help or tips on purge times please. It's only about 3 grams of oil if that makes a difference
No more bubbles*
When does the bubblein stop?!

Top Bottom