How long does it take a boken beach to heal...

• Thread starter Domon8n30
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Domon8n30

Domon8n30

So I broke the main cola on my lemon Auto training it the other day I taped it right away and it seems to have caught it's been about 4 days and it hasn't died but how long does it take for it to heal....
IMG_20210116_164259406.jpg

How long does it take a boken beach to heal 2
quirk

quirk

I know with this plant it was two weeks before I was comfortable with resuming training and even then I went two nodes up, keeping below 80 degrees of bend.

DSCN3307 3
DSCN3309 2
Healed
HaveApuff

HaveApuff

if your branch is doing fine, don't worry about it, but don't place any unnessecary stress on that healing spot for about a week to10 days (depending on its size).

mancorn

mancorn

It’s really the vascular tissue (the green soft part on the outside of the stem) that conveys the water and what needs to stay intact. So the stem can stay broken, and not necessarily ever form back together. It’s better to split the broken area and connect the splint (with twine) to the stem above and below the break as opposed to taping directly at the break. In which case you can leave the splint on for the life of the plant if it doesn’t fuse back together.

Domon8n30

Domon8n30

It’s really the vascular tissue (the green soft part on the outside of the stem) that conveys the water and what needs to stay intact. So the stem can stay broken, and not necessarily ever form back together. It’s better to split the broken area and connect the splint (with twine) to the stem above and below the break as opposed to taping directly at the break. In which case you can leave the splint on for the life of the plant if it doesn’t fuse back together.
Thanks guys appreciate it...

Top Bottom