how long does it take to germinating seeds and transplant outdoors?

• Thread starter prop
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

prop

i have some seeds from last years crop and want to use them this year . i`m new to this , so i would like to know when an how to greminate them and how long it takes before i can transplant them outside. thanks for any help

E

elusiveshame

Germinating can take anywhere from 1-7 days. Transplanting will depend on what size their initial grow space is, but typically can be done at any point as long as the plant is healthy.

P

prop

Germinating can take anywhere from 1-7 days. Transplanting will depend on what size their initial grow space is, but typically can be done at any point as long as the plant is healthy.
what`s the best way to germinate? i see everything from wet paper towels to just planting them in a small cup

Goodshit97

Goodshit97

i have some seeds from last years crop and want to use them this year . i`m new to this , so i would like to know when an how to greminate them and how long it takes before i can transplant them outside. thanks for any help
It depends where you're located i think. Im in upstate New York, i have a plant i started the end of january, and i just started 3 more the other day, all 4 are for outside. The plant i started way early is gonne get a big hole to grow into. Im planning to plant them in the ground mid may but usually june 1st is the norm.

E

elusiveshame

what`s the best way to germinate? i see everything from wet paper towels to just planting them in a small cup

I just put the seed in the soil. Mother Nature has been doing this for thousands of years, so I don’t see a need to change the process.

There’s nothing wrong with other methods, but my motto is the less I have to handle something, the less chance I’ll have to screw up. Plus I don’t really like adding extra steps if I don’t need to.

Scotty420

Scotty420

Honestly I don't know that there is a best way. What I've found is the results are probably going to be similar no matter which method you use. To me the deciding factor should more be your preferences. The main advantage I've found to the paper towel method or even floating is that you can see the seeds germinate & know that things are progressing OK with a minimal amount of time where the plant is hidden under the soil & you can't see what's going on.

If you're the kind of person that can plant them & not worry about them for a few days, planting directly into soil eliminates issues that you can cause by handling the seed, letting the towel dry too much etc. If you're like me & you're going to worry about them the entire time they're under dirt then you want to limit that time as much as possible IMO.

mrsdabfire

mrsdabfire

Supporter
Germinating cannabis seeds can take anywhere from a few days to a week or more, depending on the quality of the seeds and the conditions in which they are germinated. Some methods of germination, such as using a paper towel or directly planting the seed in soil, can be faster than others.

When it comes to transplanting cannabis seedlings outdoors, timing is important. It's best to wait until the seedlings have grown a few sets of leaves and have a strong root system, usually around 2-3 weeks after germination. However, the timing may vary based on the climate in your area. In regions with a shorter growing season, it may be necessary to wait until the weather is consistently warm enough for the plants to thrive.

It's important to research the optimal planting and harvesting times for your area to ensure that your plants have the best chance of success. Outdoor growing requires careful attention to weather patterns and climate, so it's crucial to plan ahead and be prepared for any changes in conditions.

sambapati

sambapati

Germinating cannabis seeds can take anywhere from a few days to a week or more, depending on the quality of the seeds and the conditions in which they are germinated. Some methods of germination, such as using a paper towel or directly planting the seed in soil, can be faster than others.

When it comes to transplanting cannabis seedlings outdoors, timing is important. It's best to wait until the seedlings have grown a few sets of leaves and have a strong root system, usually around 2-3 weeks after germination. However, the timing may vary based on the climate in your area. In regions with a shorter growing season, it may be necessary to wait until the weather is consistently warm enough for the plants to thrive.

It's important to research the optimal planting and harvesting times for your area to ensure that your plants have the best chance of success. Outdoor growing requires careful attention to weather patterns and climate, so it's crucial to plan ahead and be prepared for any changes in conditions.
Cool avatar mrsdabfire and good answer. Shaking the seed inside a matchbox with a piece of sandpaper inside or sanding it lightly makes it easier for the seed to pop -- don't over do. Coconut water/hydrogen peroxide mixed into an overnight soak is another tried and true way.

Top Bottom