how long into flower do you give nitrogen??

• Thread starter jordisgarden
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

jordisgarden

was up guys and gals. i use 2 types of nutes obviously, veg and bloom. im using vida pura organics grow formula and ive been using it every other watering . i veg for anywhere from 4 to 6 weeks. i have been using the veg formula up until 2 weeks into flowering and then just using the bloom nutes along with floranectar for micro nutes and im using the tiger bloom 2 weeks before flower. am i using the veg stuff too far into flower? and also am i using the bloom stuff too far before flower? just wondering how you guys decide what nutes to give and when. do you wait till you see something happenening to the plant like yellowing before you huit it with the nutes....its deffinitly better to make a schedule and use the same amounts on all your plants?
there must be some strains that dont need as much nitrogen as others right? or is it the same across the board.

O

on tilt

I run veg nutes with a bloom booster for 1 week after 12/12 then its all bloom

S

saltr

Currently running veg nutes for only the first watering, and then half-and-half with bloom for the next week; start with full bloom a little before two weeks post-flip (also cut out kelp/seaweeds extract around this time).

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
There has been lots of debate on this subject lately and yes diff strains have diff requirements. Lots of growers drop the N two weeks into flower but there are now some nute companys that keep a small amount of N in thr bloom formulas, Biocanna for example. What I do to make sure the plant gets the N it needs is I add wormcasting to my final pot transplant that way the plants will be able ta take wat they need wen thy need it. Once they stop needing N they will stop taking it up.

4u2sm0ke

4u2sm0ke

yeah that ^^^^ I like to use worm casting tea..cant go wrong with Organics my friend...and IMO..they need the extra boost heading into bloom..just my thaughts..

:passingjoint:

R

Rolln J

your right about it being strain dependent - some are really hungry for nitrogen and some get real leafy if they get too much during bloom - its why really there is no one good answer...

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
Yes that's one of the reasons outdoor tends to be more leafy, bcuz thr's always N in the soil right? One of the things I read wen researching the supersoil was that if the N is given to the plant in a solid form (wormcastings) it will only absorb wat it needs. Whr as if the plant is feed liquid nutes it's almost like being force feed and it will keep taking it up all the way thru. Wat do ya thnk Rollin J? I thnk u r the 1 wth the most expertise here.

R

Rolln J

I never heard that about worm castings before - always thought if nitrogen was readily available it was readily available...

from what I remember about using castings is the nitrogen is readily available and thats why they were a good source for N.

even when I was a dirt farmer I used gh drip to waste except for my very first grow ever I made a mix with castings, bone meal, blood meal, dolomite lime, vermiculite and perlite (and a few others Im forgetting cause that was in 84) from what I remember some of the components were readily there and others had to break down over time...

C

chickenn

i am running pura vida now, and i run the grow 1/2 way through flower. so about 4 weeks in for an 8 weeker and maybe 5 or 6 for a ten weeker.

i my experience, once you quit giving it, it falls off pretty quick. by flush time there is no nitrogen left.

i like the pura vida so far. still dialing it in though. i feed, water, water. repeat.

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
I really only ment the difference between liquid and solid for the availability. Liquid nutes are absorbed at a much quicker rate. But I could be wrong, not everything ya read is true I guess lol.

J

jordisgarden

Ive been using wormcastings for the last 2 grows. when i transplant into the final bucket i always add a 2 inch layer of wcast . i figured the roots would carry nitro through the buffer to the rest of the soil. is that dumb thinking? 2 inch layer in the hole i trans into.
someone told me yesterday that you can not burn with organics. is that true? or did he just mean its a lot harderto burn them with organics?

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
Well ya can't really burn wth wormcastings but you can most deff burn wth most organic nutes!!! For my final transplant b4 flowering I put half a cup of wormcastings on the vry bttm of da pot thn fill. That way as the roots reach dwn thy hit it and use it as needed.

R

Redskywalker

Premium Member
Supporter
I never heard that about worm castings before - always thought if nitrogen was readily available it was readily available...

from what I remember about using castings is the nitrogen is readily available and thats why they were a good source for N.

even when I was a dirt farmer I used gh drip to waste except for my very first grow ever I made a mix with castings, bone meal, blood meal, dolomite lime, vermiculite and perlite (and a few others Im forgetting cause that was in 84) from what I remember some of the components were readily there and others had to break down over time...
I was told that aslong as you're not using any stimulators or excceloraters/boosters that the plant would only take up what it needed, wen it needed it and stop uptake after that even if it's still in the soil. I thought that was the whole thing behind supersoil?!? And I only mean in organics, not synthetic lol. Again I could be mistaken. If anyone knows for sure maybe they could chime in!?! Peace

justbud

justbud

i havent used grow {n} from i started going organic again. all my girls get is the nutes in her organic soil then ill give her a start up mix of natural growth hormones and growth nutrient. In addition to NPK, it also contains trace elements, vitamins, minerals, humic acids, enzymes and alginates needed to provide your plants with an excellent startyou.Do not add additional fertiliser. which shows in the end result

Top Bottom