how long left till harvest? best guess needed

• Thread starter lvstealth
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
how long till this is ready to chop?

it is bag seed. no idea what strain or anything. it is the 1st day of week 9 of flowering.

i want to start my new plants, this is the last one of my first grow. it is a photo, the new grow is going to be autos. id like to change the light, the new ones are almost a week old. they are ok starting at 12/12 light, but i want them 18/6 asap but i cant because of this one plant.

so, a good guess at how long and i can plan better. i think a few days, but i have thought a few days for a lot longer than a few days.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
oops, forgot the images!

20210530 063610
20210530 072730

Splashgordon

Splashgordon

I feel your pain! I’m in the same position, my girl is about 3 weeks out and I have my next seedling waiting.
I’ve begun to give my plant less light then 12/12. Right now she’s at 13/11 and by next week she’ll be at 14/10. I’ve also been dropping the temp and keeping RH in 40s. Along with some colder water in my res at night (running dwc).

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I feel your pain! I’m in the same position, my girl is about 3 weeks out and I have my next seedling waiting.
I’ve begun to give my plant less light then 12/12. Right now she’s at 13/11 and by next week she’ll be at 14/10. I’ve also been dropping the temp and keeping RH in 40s. Along with some colder water in my res at night (running dwc).
you could move it to any light just to make up the hours, as it wouldn’t be long and should be fine or at least better than getting a 12/12 cycle.,

Splashgordon

Splashgordon

you could move it to any light just to make up the hours, as it wouldn’t be long and should be fine or at least better than getting a 12/12 cycle.,
Yea that’s what I’m doing. Seedling has been getting sun all day, I plan on maybe taking the light out of my current space to to put over the seedling during the night.

I’m going to get a bigger space to run 6 plants, so I’m trying to figure out my equipment needs for that now.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
the one in the pic is at 12/12. it is bag seed and it is the only one left that needs 12/12.

there are 4 i started that are autos that are about a week old. they wont care what light till about 2 weeks old. so one more week to ripen the bagseed plant. i sort of think she needs more, but no clue. over the last day or two she has really come along.

if i leave it at 12/12 longer than one more week the autos will flower even earlier than they already do and they end up very small. 3 of the new ones are in 5 gallon bag and 1 in a 7 gallon bag so kinda hard for me to move around. i guess i could take the bag seed one to a closet for her 12 hours of dark, it wont be total dark, but close.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
the one in the pic is at 12/12. it is bag seed and it is the only one left that needs 12/12.

there are 4 i started that are autos that are about a week old. they wont care what light till about 2 weeks old. so one more week to ripen the bagseed plant. i sort of think she needs more, but no clue. over the last day or two she has really come along.

if i leave it at 12/12 longer than one more week the autos will flower even earlier than they already do and they end up very small. 3 of the new ones are in 5 gallon bag and 1 in a 7 gallon bag so kinda hard for me to move around. i guess i could take the bag seed one to a closet for her 12 hours of dark, it wont be total dark, but close.
now your thinking and getting creative you’ll figure it out..

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
nice photo of the close up as i can see that the trichomes are turning milky, i’d say within 5-7 days.. should be good enough
im always amazed at what i can do with a phone. the funny thing is - i cant remember the last time i used it as a phone!

i pulled out my dslr and it is a nice one with lots of gadgets and dodads... but the phone is smaller, easier and instant.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

If you wanted, you CAN put the light timing to 18/6 or whatever you use for autos. The big girl won't start to reveg for 10 days to 2 weeks. I know this sounds like it's insane, but I've tried it several times and there are no problems with doing it, provided that is all the time you intended to leave a plant before chopping.

If you do this, chop as soon as you see young green growth begin to appear, but don't expect to see any for a week and a half or so.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
i put her in a closet of a room not used. the room is not totally dark, but close. the closet seems dark though. if i can just go a week more. ill watch her to see if im stressing her out.

Top Bottom