How long should I be running my light?

• Thread starter Noob1
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Noob1

Noob1

VIPARSPECTRA Dimmable 600W LED is this a good light? I’ve been just running it 24/7 at 18 inches. Is this a good method or should I do something else?

TripsRabbit

TripsRabbit

Plants sleep, even autoflowers. 18/6 or 20/4 on/off is a good place to start for veg or autoflowers.

SSgrower

SSgrower

Research is your friend, take a little time and search the forums for these answers. This is what the forum is "All about", R&D or research and development of our grows & growing methods, more power to ya! Smokin.

Muttley

Muttley

I do not qualify as an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I have been running my cheap Chinese LED lights 24 hours on, for weeks, and the mother plants I have going are thriving. To prevent overheating, I have two lights plugged into separate timers whereby each light only runs for one hour, before togging off, while the other light kicks on, around the clock.

Got a small fan connected to one of the timers, which also runs one hour on, followed by one hour off to cool down. No signs of stress evident in any of the plants, and I have created more clones than I will ever be able to plant out. First time at this, and now I wish I'd gone with an indoor setup years ago. Won't run anything to flower indoors though, as the clones, and all but one of the mothers, are destined to be grown to maturity outdoors, once the season is right.

Top Bottom