How long should I dry

• Thread starter Franco74
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sambapati

sambapati

Agree with my mystic brother, dehumidifier is critical. I'm also in a high humidity environment and have the air conditioner set at 20. I've added a Hitachi Air Purifier because it also removes humidity. I have taken several of the smaller buds and after 1 week put them into brown paper bags loosely folded....then check day by day shake the bags....do a dance and wait. I had some of the big buds go to mold so am being 1000% careful.
1 week after looking REALLY good and EVERYTHING is in a different brown paper bag. I've taken a bud or two and put them in jars...no ammonia smell at all...looking good to me.
20210215 142101
20210215 142149

Cloudytrichs

Cloudytrichs

Agree with my mystic brother, dehumidifier is critical. I'm also in a high humidity environment and have the air conditioner set at 20. I've added a Hitachi Air Purifier because it also removes humidity. I have taken several of the smaller buds and after 1 week put them into brown paper bags loosely folded....then check day by day shake the bags....do a dance and wait. I had some of the big buds go to mold so am being 1000% careful.
Hey, thanks for all the different input, was very helpful. My last dry was in the fall so I just used some Damp Rid which helped. This grow it was 85 Rh ,used more Damp Rid to no avail. Took advice and got a small electric dehumidifier, fantastic. Took my closet down to 72 Rh in 36 hours. Got from amazon,got next day.Its name is Vavsea, takes up to 300ml. a day about 9 oz. Good features. Highly Recommended to bring down humidity fast in up to 150 sq. feet.Small roughly 6 x 6 x 8.6 in. Check it out if you have humidity problems. I'll never dry without it.

sambapati

sambapati

Hey, thanks for all the different input, was very helpful. My last dry was in the fall so I just used some Damp Rid which helped. This grow it was 85 Rh ,used more Damp Rid to no avail. Took advice and got a small electric dehumidifier, fantastic. Took my closet down to 72 Rh in 36 hours. Got from amazon,got next day.Its name is Vavsea, takes up to 300ml. a day about 9 oz. Good features. Highly Recommended to bring down humidity fast in up to 150 sq. feet.Small roughly 6 x 6 x 8.6 in. Check it out if you have humidity problems. I'll never dry without it.
Glad to hear things are drying out there for you. Got everything here in different brown paper bags day 4 and shake and open daily. Slowly drying and see no sign of any mold. Test bud in a jar smells like honey, very nice. 9 plants I estimate 200 grams.

20210218 213921
Cloudytrichs

Cloudytrichs

Think I'm gonna try the bag thing on my lower harvest. I had read about people doing a double harvest so I'm doing it. I harvested the tallest and biggest part,basically the top half and left the bottom get some more light without the obstruction from the top. Top half is dried and now curing. The lower I'm gonna harvest today and try your bag method. I'm using all the bottom to make cooking oil.

sambapati

sambapati

Think I'm gonna try the bag thing on my lower harvest. I had read about people doing a double harvest so I'm doing it. I harvested the tallest and biggest part,basically the top half and left the bottom get some more light without the obstruction from the top. Top half is dried and now curing. The lower I'm gonna harvest today and try your bag method. I'm using all the bottom to make cooking oil.
I weighed each bag and contents and wrote the date and will be curious to see how the totals differ; just for shits and giggles doesn't matter. I'd rather be 6 months early than a day late when it comes to learning something new.

Cloudytrichs

Cloudytrichs

I weighed each bag and contents and wrote the date and will be curious to see how the totals differ; just for shits and giggles doesn't matter. I'd rather be 6 months early than a day late when it comes to learning something new.
Well I harvested bottom and dried it. Was cleaning and realized that I had alot of nugget buds, not using that to cook, thats smoking dope. Even all the rest was very good, just picked up nearly an oz. to this harvest.

sambapati

sambapati

Well I harvested bottom and dried it. Was cleaning and realized that I had alot of nugget buds, not using that to cook, thats smoking dope. Even all the rest was very good, just picked up nearly an oz. to this harvest.
And you done it yerself!

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
things are looking good, looks like a bag full of ganja.

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
1 week after looking REALLY good and EVERYTHING is in a different brown paper bag. I've taken a bud or two and put them in jars...no ammonia smell at all...looking good to me.View attachment 1092005View attachment 1092007

Yes, if no dehumid, you need bare minimum constant air on the product. The humid is always going to be a fight for you my friend, same situation I live with here in Seattle.

sambapati

sambapati

Yes, if no dehumid, you need bare minimum constant air on the product. The humid is always going to be a fight for you my friend, same situation I live with here in Seattle.
Day 5 of burping....using smaller jars....lesd chance of mold...
20210302 112530

Runninkoma

Runninkoma

Glad to hear things are drying out there for you. Got everything here in different brown paper bags day 4 and shake and open daily. Slowly drying and see no sign of any mold. Test bud in a jar smells like honey, very nice. 9 plants I estimate 200 grams.
I know this is an old ass post but god damn man. Ya gotta stop eating fast food lol!!

strainguy

strainguy

the whole drying process should last around 8 days. First few days humidity should be around 60% , later ideal is 50-55%. All this in complete darkness and temp levels 18-20 celsius

Grower1974

Grower1974

the whole drying process should last around 8 days. First few days humidity should be around 60% , later ideal is 50-55%. All this in complete darkness and temp levels 18-20 celsius
8 days is kind of relative/vague. Smaller fluffy buds can sometimes be about ready in 7-8 days, but I've only had 2-3 harvests where the drying time was less than 9 days. That was over 10 years ago. 9-15 days, with a weighted average of about 11-13 days has been where all my grows land over the last 5 years. I agree 100% on your RH targets after drying/trimming. When I jar, and the RH is between 55-57%, then stabilizes at 58-60% after 72 hours, I've nailed it perfectly. đź‘Ť

Latest posts

Top Bottom