HOw long should i veg?

• Thread starter AlwayzonTime420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

AlwayzonTime420

Sup Thc Farmers,

I'm doing my first grow In a 4x4x6.5 Grow tent.I been Vegging for 29 days to be exact and want to ask you experienced growers How tall i should veg? They are currently 13" tall. I have em in fox farm soil and pearlite. So far most of them look beautiful and ready to add some nutes,within the next few days or so? I plan on using Cutting edge solution for nutes. I,m trying to get max yield. Thanks for reading.

supercharged

supercharged

well the more you veg the bigger the yield alwayz, what strains you got running indica, sativa or hybrids? are they in there final potting up stage?if so how long have they bin in there final pots?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You didn't say what light you're using, but depending on light and variety, in my opinion they're tall enough. I wouldn't take them much taller than that for a 600W, for instance.

Remember canopy control or you'll end up with a buncha larf & popcorn.

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
Watts?

Strain?

If you have a 600w flip em. What he said...:D

A

AlwayzonTime420

I'm running 600w they are in 3 gallonpots rite now. and are 13-14" in height.I have bubba kush,blue cheese,romulan x grapefruit,sour deisel and headband.I bought nutes today and introduce them to the girls gradually plan on flowering soon ut need to know when i should do 12/12? Thanks for helping.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Now, in my opinion. You've got to account for that post-flip stretch, you've only got the one 600, and you don't want them getting rootbound while still in veg.

B

bluetooth

i normaly veg for 4/6 weeks till about 18inch high they can end up between 3ft and maybe just over 4ft
some 1 told me a long time ago remember than the plant can stretch 50/60%
thats my 2c

F

fuzzy

Strain

I think it depends a lot on strain.Sativa,indica,hybrid,etc....Do a little background check on the meds your growing. peace,fuzzy

C

cheyenne

I use a ScroG so for me veg time is all about filling my screen. When im 60-70% full i flip and the ('stretch fills out the' edit ) rest of the screen fills out and i cut out the superfluous. 30 days typically does it for my sativa dominants and a bit longer for the indica dominants.

P

paulycali

i would personally veg them till they are about 2 ft tall by 2 ft wide! I use 5 gallon pots though not 3 gallon. then your almost guaranteed a nice yield. dont forget to top them and or fim them, along with supercropping. i do a little bit of everything when it comes to training. i usually start by tying branches down, then letting thm grow. then i fim the top main cola. continue to tye down branches and then top 1 more time. i get a very nice even canopy and about a dozen tops per plant. its time consuming, but well worth the time and effort. the longer you veg the bigger the yield. less is more when it comes to how much nutes to put in. wish you luck and happy growing too

A

AlwayzonTime420

i would personally veg them till they are about 2 ft tall by 2 ft wide! I use 5 gallon pots though not 3 gallon. then your almost guaranteed a nice yield. dont forget to top them and or fim them, along with supercropping. i do a little bit of everything when it comes to training. i usually start by tying branches down, then letting thm grow. then i fim the top main cola. continue to tye down branches and then top 1 more time. i get a very nice even canopy and about a dozen tops per plant. its time consuming, but well worth the time and effort. the longer you veg the bigger the yield. less is more when it comes to how much nutes to put in. wish you luck and happy growing too

Thanks for the tip bro. Im scred it might out grow my tent eith the light being the way. I think i effed up i supper cropped anfd the branch is not healing up? i also forgot to mmention Im going 24/0 thru vegging and just started to introduce nutes to them.I just measured the plants most of them are 16" in height rite now.

A

AlwayzonTime420

Thanks for the help fellaz! Now i have another quetion how often do i feed nutes? the person at my local shop says feed them nutes 6 times then flush with water. another person says feed everyday and then another person says water, water,feed or water feed water? Which one do i go by?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If they're in coco or any other soilless medium, then every time they're watered they should be fed. If they're in soil, you can alternate. Don't keep it to a strict schedule, either. Learn to watch them, they'll tell you what's up. Learn to make good use of foliar feeds.

M

MASSES 420KING

i would jump all except the bubba give her a few more inches she is a notoriously small girl the rest have a decent stretch to them some at 300%+ stretch for instance my la woman gets jumped at 12 inces and end up at 5' thats a 400% stretch now you also have to take 2 light distances into account some mite say 3 but the 2 most basic are distance from canopy[for lumens] and distance from ceiling [ for heat build up could burn out light quicker could melt wiring could set fire to what light is hanging from] give at least 10"inches from top of hood to ceiling and 8-16"inches from light to canopy

P

pure arghan

sorry man but they wont get that big

i normaly veg for 4/6 weeks till about 18inch high they can end up between 3ft and maybe just over 4ft
some 1 told me a long time ago remember than the plant can stretch 50/60%
thats my 2c

sorry to till you man but even a sateva wont grow 50/60% bigger, just would't happen betten lighting times, the rule of tumb is that after a plant has been put into flower it will grow 1/4 of the hight the plant is not 50/60% its just not posable. well theres my 2 pea's worth hope it helps and good luck with all your grow's :flower

P

pure arghan

Thanks for the help fellaz! Now i have another quetion how often do i feed nutes? the person at my local shop says feed them nutes 6 times then flush with water. another person says feed everyday and then another person says water, water,feed or water feed water? Which one do i go by?

id use the water, fed, water, that way the plant will work with the feed better and will let you see if there is any brun or if they need more? it would be the safest way, iv been doing it like that for the last 10/15 years. but at the end of the day it is up to you, there are so many ways to grow a plant and so many ways to fed the plant, the best way is to look at wot you want at the end of the crop, like do you want to have 4 big plants that take longer to grow or do you want to have 8 plants that are smaller and faster to grow? i grow big plants so dont want to give them to much or to little thats why i water, fed, water, fed, its up to you and will determane the way you should fed, every one has difrent ways of growing, so if i where you i would look into that, hope that helps and good luck with all your grows. :afroweed:

Whippleschnitz

Whippleschnitz

I would beware of someone telling you to feed all the time in a soil grow. You will be best served by learning to read your plants. This skill once developed will really allow you to dial in your plants and get the most out of them while using the least amount of nutrients required. Your soil, strain and grow environment will all affect how the plants feed.

Start feeding lightly using 1/4 or 1/2 strength solutions and see how they react. Alternate feeding with plain water (or my preference water with molasses or Earth juice Catalyst). Then you can adjust up or down in strength and frequency as needed.

A

aotearoa-farmer

Id agree with Bluetooths post, they do continue growing up.... some more than others and the last thing you want is to run out of space making it hard for your light to penertrate. Or worse your light only inches away from the main colas with no room to lift it up.

M

MASSES 420KING

feed wait til it starts to get dryer then feed again wait til its about as dry as last time then water heavily to make sure of salt build up JORGE and DANNY DANKO and NICO ESCONDIDO all say let 10 percent run out of bottom i say fuck that 20% will basically ensure no salt build up flush every 2 1/2-3 weeks 3 times the volume of your container[ie 1 gallon pot =3 gallons water
:420:king

Top Bottom