How Long Should I Water To Flush My Plants For Harvest?

• Thread starter Hellno187
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Hellno187

Hellno187

I've stopped adding nutes for a week now and have just been watering to get ready for harvest. However, I'm not sure if watering only 3 times is enough to flush my plants? They've been in flower for 8 weeks now and I don't want to delay harvesting them for too long either. So what is a good rule of thumb for minimal and maximum flush times?

Toaster79

Toaster79

What's your grow style? Soil, coco, hydro? Organic or synthetic? .....

Hellno187

Hellno187

Awesome thanks, out of curiosity if I was soil, synthetic what would flush times be?

RG420

RG420

I'd say 14 days lower feed first week by half then plain water second week but then it'll variey depending on how heavy they've been fed...

Hellno187

Hellno187

OK so if I were watering every other day that would be 3-5 waterings to flush the soil, how long to flush the plant?

Toaster79

Toaster79

You can't flush the plant. She's just gonna use her reserves as she's not getting any more/not enough food from the soil.

When growing organic you don't actually feed the plant but the soil. As you don't provide any more food for the soil you kill the life in the root zone and with that you actually kill the plant instead of letting her finish her life cycle.

Hellno187

Hellno187

I see, from reading other posts on the subject I got the idea that flushing was done to remove nutes from the plant to prevent a chemical taste in the flower. But I see that in fact there's no such thing as removing nutes from a plant without death, good to know. So then if one were to have a plant and only water it, then it would die? Just hypothesizing as I've never had a plant I didn't feed.

RG420

RG420

You can't flush the plant. She's just gonna use her reserves as she's not getting any more/not enough food from the soil.

When growing organic you don't actually feed the plant but the soil. As you don't provide any more food for the soil you kill the life in the root zone and with that you actually kill the plant instead of letting her finish her life cycle.

Couldn't av been said better bro!

straincreation

straincreation

Ya gotta figure that the plant is growing in chemicals for 8 weeks+ no amount of flushing will remove any thing from your plant. Toasters got you covered here bro. BOL!
happy farmin;)

Danky Mcnugs

Danky Mcnugs

I would go find the thread about preharvest flushing in this section. Organic crops don't need a flush, and some would argue that chemical nutrients don't need to be flushed either. I have done both a d I can assure you that as long as you were never overfeeding in the first place then there is no need for a flush.

Top Bottom