How Long Till Flowering

• Thread starter Jogasam
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jogasam

friend of mine and I were having a discussion as to when is BEST to switch to flowering. Is it a time thing? A plant height thing?? Obviously strains will have some affect on it as well but looking for more input from the experts on here please

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
It all depends on your environment you grow in size of room or tent light wattage , length of veg time if you want Sog or super crop or grow large plants , for me I give 4 weeks veg at 18/6 then shut down to 12/12 . You need to take all this into account aswell as strain growing media the list goes on buddy .

J

Jogasam

It all depends on your environment you grow in size of room or tent light wattage , length of veg time if you want Sog or super crop or grow large plants , for me I give 4 weeks veg at 18/6 then shut down to 12/12 . You need to take all this into account aswell as strain growing media the list goes on buddy .
Okay so say it's a 4'x12'x7' tent and a 900w LED light. Super crop. Environment is 76 degrees kept at 40% humidity. All air flow is there and the environment is spot on. But I believe in this set up flowering should start as soon as the plant is 14-18inches especially if it's a sativa strain due to the massive height increases

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Okay so say it's a 4'x12'x7' tent and a 900w LED light. Super crop. Environment is 76 degrees kept at 40% humidity. All air flow is there and the environment is spot on. But I believe in this set up flowering should start as soon as the plant is 14-18inches especially if it's a sativa strain due to the massive height increases
I would of flipped at 12" but that's just me .

realSTONED

realSTONED

friend of mine and I were having a discussion as to when is BEST to switch to flowering. Is it a time thing? A plant height thing?? Obviously strains will have some affect on it as well but looking for more input from the experts on here please
The strains your are growing plays a huge part in how tall to grow your plants before switching to the 12/12 flowering light cycle. Find out as much about the genetics and typical growth characteristics of your strains as possible. Indica and sativa dominant strains often display very different growth patterns and behave differently after the light cycle is switched to flowering.

dan1989

dan1989

In my opinion, best time to flip is when the plant is roughly half the size that you want it to be in the end. If you have 3ft growing space, flip at 1.5 ft tall. This is to account for stretch. Approx I know but seems to work out well. I think you'll find a few sources that say pretty much the same. Especially a couple or few weeks into flower, some strains can really shoot up fast! Had this problem with my grapefruit diesel plants I have at the moment, which is the reason I had to write a new thread asking if kinked stems were a problem. Trust me... The heart ache when you feel a stem bust in your hand...:'( luckily I think they'll be ok but the point is don't let it happen to you! Hope this helps!

Top Bottom