How Long Till Harvest (macro Trichomes Shots)

• Thread starter 8zlag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

Highkev

I'm currently in week 8, last time I flowered this strain it took 12 weeks. Seems like it might going for 11 this time round and I wanted to have some second opinions.
My rule of thumb if your up in the air on your decision to pick, Let it go another week. Looks like most are cloudy white now. I would wait till 15-20% turn amber

H

Highkev

I’m guessing two weeks but keep checking to know for sure

H

Highkev

Let the calyx swell and the hairs shrink and keep watching under scope

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Don't be in a hurry to take things down...especially if it is a Sativa or Sativa dominant. My latest Matanuska Thunderf**k doubled in weight, flavor, and intensity by allowing them to go longer than the typical % of amber/cloudy trichomes and stuff. Everyone's grow and strains are different, but my Sativa plants prefer to go until the fan leaves turn yellow/purple and start to fall off. The Indica plants usually finish a lot faster. Even if you go too long, the degradation isn't noticeable for the most part...taking them down early takes away from the size, taste, and potency. Let 'em go! :cool:

Dan789

Dan789

They're getting closer, but as noted no amber yet. I'd wait for at least some amber, or harvest some of the top cola's, then open up the plant so the lower cola's get more exposure...

8zlag

8zlag

Thank you guys for the replies, as usual you guys keep me patient and that usually ends with the best results. Imma keep waiting and keep you guys posted

8zlag

8zlag

First pic is my bud start of week 9.
The rest are macro shots of the trichomes. Opinions?

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
What strains are you running? Helps to know what strains they are sativa/indica or hybrids. Not sure how anyone can give a informed stab without knowing what they are looking at.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Can you post a non-macro pic of the whole plant and one of a whole bud close up?

The trichs are all still standing tall which tells me it's not ready, I like to see some starting to bend over usually, but I also like to see some other things as well.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
What strains are you running? Helps to know what strains they are sativa/indica or hybrids. Not sure how anyone can give a informed stab without knowing what they are looking at.

To further compound the problem, besides the Sativa/Indica/Hybrid strains, there are now automatic strains that don't require fertilizing, photoperiod, and most are feminized. There are also latitude adjusted plants that are much different than their tropical cousins. The main difference is photoperiod and time to finish. A lot of Sativas have a longer photoperiod required to change to flowering mode as well as finishing time. Plants from more tropical, near the equator strains, don't see as much of a change in photoperiod and finish quicker, as do some strains from higher latitudes that have a short growing period. So now you have to figure if they are a short or long finishing plant...which also come in Sativa and Indica varieties. We won't touch on Ruderalis strains!
For those asking for help or suggestions, it is important to tell as much as is possible about them since there is so much variety in plants. It's not like it was 40 years ago when you were lucky to get some seeds out of a bag of Colombian...there are a zillion different strains and hybrids nowadays making strain info very important when asking for advice. Sorry for the long post!

Latest posts

Top Bottom