How long till they are done and is this from light burn?

• Thread starter ViolettaLiz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
V

ViolettaLiz

I have 2 plants nearing end of flowering. I know I messed up and didn't pinch the top bud when I should have, the 2nd plant doesnt seem to have 1 larger. I also messed up and let them dry out once accidentally. I'm learning. So the 1 bud is larger than all the rest on both plants. I'm wondering about clipping the one large one and letting the others keep growing. Is that a bad idea?

It looks like the taller ones is getting light burn so I'm not sure what to do.

I do have a loupe arriving today but I'm also ready not to go by that since they don't get milky till after harvest. Any thoughts are welcome.

How long till they are done and is this from light burn
How long till they are done and is this from light burn 2
How long till they are done and is this from light burn 3
How long till they are done and is this from light burn 4
How long till they are done and is this from light burn 5
How long till they are done and is this from light burn 6
Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
I am having trouble figuring out what you mean

I think you’ve misunderstood something as plants get milky/amber before harvest not afterwards

There’s no golden rule saying you have to pinch the heads ( during veg growth ) and we don’t do it once they start budding so I wouldn’t say you messed up not on that point

I’m not so sure it is getting light stressed it’s putting on a nice color show mind

They actually look quite impressive 😏

How far away is the light and is it dimmed

Heck re reading don’t cut no flowers / buds off that’s like crazy all you’d do is lose yield and mess up mths of work

Last edited:
Grower1974

Grower1974

In that stage of flower, it’s not uncommon to see what you are seeing. It’s still plenty of distance from the light.

This is a true example of light burn/bleaching. The top of the bud was literally resting on the surface of the diodes at 111°F and getting 2200ppfd. As you can see, a mere 3-4” below the light bar(temperature @ 95°F, 1970ppfd), the buds and leaves are fine.

It’s very hard to actually burn plants with LED’s. You can give them far too much DLI in early/mid stage yes. I’m talking DLI levels above 50+ though.

IMG 4545
IMG 4544
V

ViolettaLiz

I am having trouble figuring out what you mean

I think you’ve misunderstood something as plants get milky/amber before harvest not afterwards

There’s no golden rule saying you have to pinch the heads ( during veg growth ) and we don’t do it once they start budding so I wouldn’t say you messed up not on that point

I’m not so sure it is getting light stressed it’s putting on a nice color show mind

They actually look quite impressive 😏

How far away is the light and is it dimmed

Heck re reading don’t cut no flowers / buds off that’s like crazy all you’d do is lose yield and mess up mths of work
Thanks. I was kinda concerned about the coloring with the close one especially, however it's probably just genetics and putting on a color show as you say. I may be paranoid of screwing it up!! 😆

V

ViolettaLiz

In that stage of flower, it’s not uncommon to see what you are seeing. It’s still plenty of distance from the light.

This is a true example of light burn/bleaching. The top of the bud was literally resting on the surface of the diodes at 111°F and getting 2200ppfd. As you can see, a mere 3-4” below the light bar(temperature @ 95°F, 1970ppfd), the buds and leaves are fine.

It’s very hard to actually burn plants with LED’s. You can give them far too much DLI in early/mid stage yes. I’m talking DLI levels above 50+ though.
Thanks so much. That is a great example of the light burn. I didn't realize they bleached.

Gmix

Gmix

Supporter
Yeah they go yellow not to be confused with end of harvest yellowing

Seriously your doing a fine job they will pile it soon and they look good as is
during the last two weeks the buds can almost double in size.

Wouldn’t mind having them in my grow room 👍

Latest posts

Top Bottom