How long to flush for?

• Thread starter Newcomer94
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
N

Newcomer94

Actually yes. Know anything about actual food crops and farming? We consume lettuce and onions and potatoes. Do any of those get flushed?
No clue because I don’t know about commercial farming you are correct.

N

Newcomer94

I know passions run high with this topic….and all that matters is some good bud at the end of the grow. Personally, I’ll start to flush when I decide to smoke my soil…..but not until then.
If I had to flush, I’d make sure my plants were ripe going in and/or there were plenty of green left for reserves. The last thing u want is to start starving a plant just as the buds are getting ripe and swelling up.
I’d be more inclined to let the buds get ripe…meaning no new pistil production and all hairs have turned color and receded….then give water only for the last watering and flush it with as much as you like. Then you could do the 48hr darkness thing if you prefer.
When it comes right down to it, if your buds are ripe, you can run 3 gallons or 30 gallons through it and call it a day…..neither will do much harm or good.
Thank you for replying

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
It’s the term “flushing” that needs a flush.
I water with 100ppm tap water typically for the final 1-2 weeks before harvest, typically the plants will show signs of natural fade, and slow water consumption to let me know it’s time.

flushing by my definition is watering 3x container volume of water through the media to remove excess.👌

0477F9BA BED5 4454 9ABC A2644977C109
FD75F0D6 5D36 4F10 9C82 93A86D322718
Chip.Douglas

Chip.Douglas

10 days before harvest I flush.also did you know I cut my lights off during the last week before harvesting notice the girls produce a bit more bud and trichome for some reason when doing it

jamk911

jamk911

Im usually at sucha loss when to harvest I end up flushing about a week but still provide sugars for the soil to transition everything to the plant while I stare at trichomes like a maniac lol

Chip.Douglas

Chip.Douglas

Im usually at sucha loss when to harvest I end up flushing about a week but still provide sugars for the soil to transition everything to the plant while I stare at trichomes like a maniac lol
I go by what trichome look like to decide harvest I go for a 50milky/50amber

SSgrower

SSgrower

I'll admit I flush only to re-set my media for the next run. I try to get five runs out of my 3 gal bags and you can see the salt buildup on the outside of my material bags so, I flush the last couple days to reset the ppm of my coco royale, Cheers SS

Top Bottom