How long to go? HELP

• Thread starter stifler
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

stifler

Hi peeps need a lil advice over here.
From these pics how long until i go into flush and how long do i flush for in coco?
Im in a lil 2 plant room and have indica based plants i believe.. dont know what they are though!
end of week 6 today and into week 7 tomoz so do i flush for a week now or do i have some way to go?
the pics are fresh this morning

S

stifler

here they are
IMAG0405

IMAG0406

freegrow

freegrow

Premium Member
Supporter
3 weeks ?

some say tricomes some say the hairs but imo its the colaxes when they pop out and the buds fatten up you'll know hairs shrink and colaxes swell and then its time good luck nice grow
:harvest:

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I can't see well enough, but I would say based on time to give it at least another week. Maybe a better close shot of one of the main colas?

-TF

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
In my opinion those girls are telling you they can do a lot more. All those fat, fresh looking white pistils are what nails it for me. Pair that along with trichome development (I prefer to pull when there are very few clear trichs, mostly cloudy, ain't looking for amber) and watch for the buds to stop building and those are your cues that the ladies have done for you all they can.

I'd say feed them flowering nutes (very low nitrogen) for the next two weeks. If the buds are continuing to develop at that point then they're going to be able to go longer. If they seem to stop getting fatter, then they're ready for flush and chop.

A word on "flushing" and what different people mean why they talk about it. Some folks, my own boy is one of them, feels that flushing is done properly when 2-3 or more times the pot volume of water is run through at one time. I personally have found that just eliminating feeding and giving water only, after reducing feed concentration significantly, works just as well if not better.

S

stifler

right so carry on as is a week minimum and reevaluate.
if i go for a water flush and not a product flush how long? 4 days? a week?
Thx

S

Snow Crash

You have at least 14 more days. Probably closer to 20 more.

You say you are just now starting week 7, which is only day 42 or 43 of flowering. These plants look like they are going to need somewhere in the neighborhood of 60 days of flowering.

I watch the hairs to see when they stop throwing out new fresh ones and start shifting colors. Then I start watching the trichomes with a hand held microscope until most of the clear trichomes are gone. Then I harvest.

S

stifler

Bad news update.. this week ive developed some powderey mildew on some leaves and stems.
I know i have to treat with a spray but can i do it so far into flower?
Would i be better jus wiping it off and not treating for the 2 weeks or so ive got left?

HELP

Rushoe

Rushoe

U can grab some green cure and spray very just the affected areas and try not to spay the buds the green cure will burn the hairs on the buds but will not affect the taste or thc on the bud.....Make sure not to spray in the direct light maybe u could raise your light as high as u can air flow is a big part of this great hobbie ...green cure works ok if u close to harvest I hate to even have to use it ever but its good to keep handy I don't worry about the issue no more I dipped my clones in banner max a few months back and havent seen any pm issues ever since but this can not be used in flower. Good luck...

S

stifler

can I just do nothing and wipe them down when i cut? would i be better doing this than trying to treat so close to harvest or will it ruin my smoke?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I wouldn't use GC at this point because I've been there and done that and it left a soapy taste. I would go with H2O2 as a foliar while they're still going and then as a last dip. Yes, the entire plant, chop it and dip it.

For that dip I use OxiDate, which is 27% H2O2 + 2% PAA (paracetic acid), but I see no reason why you can't go with a strong H2O2 (the 35% stuff that's sold at hydro shops) used at 1-2oz/gallon.

If you don't treat, are you really ready to try smoking bud that's got fruiting mold bodies on it? I won't, I'll burn that shit in the fireplace before I try to smoke it. IMO if you don't treat then the bud is ruined.

S

stifler

Im to the hydro store then asap
H2O2 you say. what is the conversion from fl/oz to euros? no doubt it will say on the bottle eh!?

S

stifler

so after looking into H2O2 or hydrogen peroxide i found its cheap as online!
It is also used as contact lens solution, food additive, aromatherapy, makeup, etc etc all of which seem to be low concentration.
It also says it is used in hydroponics as an oxygen releasing agent and for foliar feeding plants!
Anyone doing this?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Occasionally for my plants, have done it often using drug store 3% variety for stressed fish and corals, invertebrates and the like.

S

stifler

heres a close up bud pic. near the end of week 7 now. These ho's are smellin real sweet now too

IMAG0408
Top Bottom