how many 5gal buckets should i put under 1000watts?

• Thread starter bentley
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bentley

i plan on running the whole canna line in a bucket in bucket using 5gal buckets with canna coco. how many buckets should i put under 1000watts? 6? 8? 9?? im trying get atleast 1g per watt

L

l0g1c4l

How many plants really depends on your growing style, the strain, and how long you plan to veg for. We'll need a lil more info

Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
With a decent veg I'd go with six so you don't cram them together and the bottom buds get decent light and also a little training through the stretch for a nice even canopy . This should get ya about 4 to 5 oz's per plant with a proper room

B

bentley

im using jack the ripper plan to veg for 2weeks or until they reach about 12in
im using magnum xxxL 8in hoods with tomato cages to train don't know if i should top or fim yet im goin with the whole canna line adding cal mag, super thrive, dark energy, mayb super nova and sweet. using coco coir mayb add alil perlite in 5gal bucket with in bucket, co2.

Zoolander - 6 buckets with 4-5oz sounds good but do you think i can squeeze out alil more since im using the xxxl hoods and tomato cages with 8 buckets 2 rows of 4 or 9 buckets 3 rows of 3 and rotate the buckets every other day and strip 1/2 of the bottom of the plants ?

H

HannaMan

I would do 9.

9 is 3x3, nice and square...just like the foot print of a 1000w bulb, 4x4...

If you set up 3x3 you'll know the canopy will fill in nice and square and even...keep them short/bushy and fill up that canopy, then give her the good ol fliparooski..

9 plants, 4 ounces a plant, 36 ounces, 2.25 pounds, just shy of 1gpw...

best of luck with the adventure!

B

bentley

thanks hannaman i seen 3x3 done with soilless mix but i heard with coco coir the plants get alil bigger
how long would you veg it? 2 weeks or 12ins is good? or should i veg alil less ?

H

HannaMan

Hey i'm a bit late.

I would veg until the canopy is full -- big plants are great, you can always trim plant matter away you cant make it appear with a snap.

Good luck brother

B

bentley

i been watching your sour grapes and revenge of the grapes videos the past couple days
ur grows are great wish i could get my hands on some sour grapes u run 24 pots under 1 1000w? or 24 under 4 1000w?

B

bentley

i been watching ur sour grapes grow and revenge of the grapes for the past week
great grow nice buds i wish i could get my hands on some sour grapes
you do 24 pots under each 1000w light?

M

Muggle

4x1000 up to 36 with Adjust a Wings; usually 24 - strain dependent.

D

DIAMOND MOFO

hey guys what about vertical lights. how many 5 gal buckets can you get under a vertical light and what would you expect for a yield in a complete room setup that includes a/c, co2, and humidity control? thanks

D

DIAMOND MOFO

would you say this is the ideal size if the goal is yield and the strains are indo?

DesiretheFire

DesiretheFire

yep. whatever way you want, just rotate the outer plants often.

leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
IMHO, 6-9 plants. Depending on Strain. Trying to get 4-5 zips per plant.

Why not 24? Works for me. :anim_44:

:angel

Thanks for sharing, entertaining but a GPW is a gram per watt. Your video states you got .5 gpw.

You pull a gpw on a previous run?

IMHO, You are missing out by pulling so early, missing out on the buds swelling up, more yield and more potency.

HustleTrees

HustleTrees

With a decent veg I'd go with six so you don't cram them together and the bottom buds get decent light and also a little training through the stretch for a nice even canopy . This should get ya about 4 to 5 oz's per plant with a proper room

I would do 9.

9 is 3x3, nice and square...just like the foot print of a 1000w bulb, 4x4...

If you set up 3x3 you'll know the canopy will fill in nice and square and even...keep them short/bushy and fill up that canopy, then give her the good ol fliparooski..

9 plants, 4 ounces a plant, 36 ounces, 2.25 pounds, just shy of 1gpw...

best of luck with the adventure!

4 oz per plant in a 5 gal bucket? How tall or how many nodes are you looking at before you flip to 12/12 to acheive this?

Really great stuff guys!

-HT

Latest posts

Top Bottom