how many autoflowering plants in a 4'x4' tent?

• Thread starter scoobydoo69
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

scoobydoo69

hi guys, i'm going set up a 4'x4' grow tent. initially i have feminised autoflowering seeds to grow. i would be greatful for any advice on what would be the best number of plants to grow in this size area. i figure i can fit a fair few in as they don't grow very big but i don't want to overcrowd the space. the seeds i have are 10x royal dwarf, 5x green-o-matic & 5x barneys farm little cheese.
i am planning on purchasing either 2x magnum357's or 1x magnum plus led grow light for the tent. please no arguments about leds, i am prepared to spend the time experimenting with them to get it right as this will be a long term investment with the eventual plan to have 3 tents using 1 for veg and 2 for flowering.
also if your wondering why i am using autoflowering seeds it is basically because that is all i have at the moment and customs are pretty good at their job. if anyone knows a seed company that delivers discreetly down under please let me know.
any advice anyone has would be greatly appreciated. thankyou in advance.

A

Alien Abductee

you can fit 1 per square foot so 16. The 1 light should be fine for 4x4, but you might want to add some 2700k cfls, it will greatly increase your yield. Make sure to get the square pots. I use the 105 watt 2700k 68 lumen per watt from www.1000bulbs.com with 3 90w led lights and pull baseball size nugs and 1.5 oz colas, no joke.

I used dr chronic's seed bank for seeds a long time ago, before clones were available and legal in my state. I haven't used them for many years though.

A

Alien Abductee

after thinking, I would use 1 magnum 357 and 2 105 watt cfls to get the ratio closer to 1:1 I think the actual draw on the 357 is around 260 watts. the 3 watt leds dont actually draw 3 watts each, between 2 and 3 watts. In my expereince over the last 2 years, the closer you get the 2700k cfl and led ratio closer to 1:1 the better the final product is in weight.

The good news is the 2 105 watt bulbs would be like 50 dollars total, definitely worth the added 33% yield increase they will provide.

Hang the magnum in the center and a cfl on each side, you will be amazed at the nugs you pull out.

Personally I have grown just using led and just using cfl and, by far, using both provided amazing results, compared to each alone. they compliment each other in ways i have not yet deciphered.

Here is my set up and nugs.

DSCN4215
DSCN4230
S

scoobydoo69

thanks for the advice mate. that definatly looks like a good idea and for $50 i'll give it a try.

C

cenjiedi

I decided to use I decided to use Alien Abductee's suggestion.Thank you for your experience

Latest posts

Top Bottom