How many Bubba Kush under a 600?

• Thread starter JH420
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
JH420

JH420

Hey folks...been veggin some of Swerve's BK pre98 s1's for a couple months now...time to start gettin ready for flower time. I'm not sure how many I should put under a 600 watt hps with medium adjust-a-wing reflector and what size (SOIL) pot? I have a footprint of about 3' x 3' to cover but that could stretch out another half foot in one direction. Ceiling height is 7'6" minus the few inches height of the adjust-a-wing. I was originally planning to go with the 1 plant per sq ft style, so 9 plants in 3 gallon buckets...now I'm reading how these like to grow out and bush out and need training/topping so I'm second guessing that plan. Now I am wondering if I could just put 1 or 2 plants under the light, perhaps SCROG them or something, and use big pots?? This would be ideal since it would save me from having to make clones (which I've never done before, and not overly confident in myself to do so)...and vegging the plants several weeks longer. I'd save a good 6 weeks time if I could skip that step and I am dying to smoke some Bubba:smoke. I have little experience, all suggestions are welcome and musch appreciated.

I rambled on a bit the jist of it is how many bubba's and what size pots under a 600? TIA.

I

Indica~tor

First off, Bubba doesnt stretch much in flower so your gonna have lots of head room bro. I also grow under a 600 and have been flipping my Bubba's at about 12 to 14 inches and they finish somewhere between 20-24 inches in height. which is about how tall you'd want your plants while under these 600s otherwise you wont get a lot of light coverage and deep penetration. I use square pots and tubs (rather than round ones) to help keep everything nice and tight around the floor space. Next run I will be filling up a 3x3ft space with about 44 to 48 cuts of bubba and will be attempting to pull at least 500g when hung and dried. My goal is a gram a watt tho.
Peace to you and good luck, Indi

R

R. Face

Lol this is a great question, as im doing a mono crop of the 98 bubba cut...I put 5 in 2 gal pots but am also flowering a 5 foot tall bubba mom, so thats tucked in the corner...after some pruning, they seem happy.

IMG 1473
IMG 1523
JH420

JH420

Thanks for the replies my friends...I'm still confused to no end, gotta do some research this weekend to see if Bubba is a proper candidate for SCROG...how to do SCROG etc...yep I don't know what I'm doing.

JH420

JH420

Some pics of my babies...thought I could get away without a carbon filter in my veg room, wrong! Not even filling the crib up with weed smoke can mask the pleasantly strong aroma's coming off these. I know there is huge potential in these hope I can pull it off:stonedsmilie:

Trees 005
Trees 009
Trees 013
T

TNG

Hey folks...been veggin some of Swerve's BK pre98 s1's for a couple months now...time to start gettin ready for flower time. I'm not sure how many I should put under a 600 watt hps with medium adjust-a-wing reflector and what size (SOIL) pot? I have a footprint of about 3' x 3' to cover but that could stretch out another half foot in one direction. Ceiling height is 7'6" minus the few inches height of the adjust-a-wing. I was originally planning to go with the 1 plant per sq ft style, so 9 plants in 3 gallon buckets...now I'm reading how these like to grow out and bush out and need training/topping so I'm second guessing that plan. Now I am wondering if I could just put 1 or 2 plants under the light, perhaps SCROG them or something, and use big pots?? This would be ideal since it would save me from having to make clones (which I've never done before, and not overly confident in myself to do so)...and vegging the plants several weeks longer. I'd save a good 6 weeks time if I could skip that step and I am dying to smoke some Bubba smoke. I have little experience, all suggestions are welcome and musch appreciated.

I rambled on a bit the jist of it is how many bub's and what size pots under a 600? TIA.

I grow under a 600 HPS (hydro). Are these reg seeds, not fems? If so I would start with nine and see how many females you end up with. You can scrog and fill that space with two plants. I think 4 is a good number without scrog for long veg times. I'm a hydro girl but I do know the more root space you have the bigger the plant, though I've seem monsters in 2 gallon buckets by experienced growers. Personally I'd use at least a 3 if not a 5 gal as you're not jamming them in tight to get a lot of plants in a tiny space. 4 plants that have been allowed to veg for 2 months and like to bush out sounds right on for that space and light IMHO. Good luck :)

Top Bottom