How Many Cob's Per Sq Ft?

• Thread starter BDGrows
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BDGrows

BDGrows

So I am going to try and do a DIY set of COB's and I was wondering how many COBs are required to sufficiently provide enough light (for veg and bloom) for 1 sq ft? I was thinking of also adding some Luxeon ES deep red and royal blue as well. From the information, I gathered I was going to do a small build. Starting with 1 Cree CXA3070, 2x Luxeon ES deep red, and 2x Luxeon ES royal blue per plant. Would that be ok? Thanks for the help everyone, im trying to build the best set of starter cobs I can.

-BD

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
One square foot? Like fr seedlings? If so thats way too many lights, one of those cree chips would heat the box up like an oven.

Freshone

Freshone

I think it depends on how you drive your cobs?@sixstring was running 1 cob per sq ft at 50 watts I think but I also saw something that said you run can run them 1 every 16" if you drive them at 70w.Those are for flower,not sure on veg but less obviously.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Cob grow light manufacturers push the same chips to 100 or even more watts, they are more effecient and last longer if you keep the wattage at 50.

BDGrows

BDGrows

I was planning on using them for seedling to harvest. Im honestly unfamiliar with the whole LED concept so I was going to follow the DIY here and do from there.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
I was planning on using them for seedling to harvest. Im honestly unfamiliar with the whole LED concept so I was going to follow the DIY here and do from there.
Like a one square foot box?

BDGrows

BDGrows

veg 25w/sf is the optimum. for bloom 50w/sf is optimum. These numbers will put you in the 750ppfd for best bloom and not light bleaching. peace

So if I have a 36" X 20" area (5 sq ft), then running (5) 36v cobs would be optimal due at .7A veg & 1.4A flower correct?

M

MENACEx818

I'm trying to decide on replacing my 400w + 250w hid for either a 200w LED which is the power of 600w HID as advertised. Or a 300w LED that's supposed to be 1000w HID power. I have a 3x3 grow tent. (I think the tent is 6.5ft tall.
If I follow that 50w per square foot the 200w Led would suffice but I kinda love by bigger is better but not sure in this case.
Six strings or anyone else, can you guys chime in with some knowledge please?
Thanks in advance

BDGrows

BDGrows

This calculation was for a DIY cob set up. From the research ive done, I wouldnt waste your money on those ones and build a cob set up yourself. But post links to the lights you were thinking, other might have better info on them.

-BD

Top Bottom