How many colas per plant

• Thread starter Mcsketcher
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

This plant is a LA Confidential in 13 gallons of Dr earth and fox farm ocean forest soil mixed. I use Dr earth as my base ferts and supplement with down to earth stuff... ie: guano, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, langbeinite. I just started adding coconut water and aloe juice. I also use barley, barley extract and unsulphured molasses. Also hormex rooting hormone (vita B1), ascorbic acid (vita C). I just started using Tribus as well. It's too early to tell if the coco water, aloe juice and tribus will make a difference. My leaf tips are burning a bit but the plant looks healthy otherwise. I'm concerned it might be too much light but I'm not sure. Maybe Im over feeding something in the NPK realm. Oh, I also use fulvic acid and cal-mag. Lastly, I use Dr Earth's metabolic transformer. It might seem like I know what I'm doing but I don't really. This is my 4th grow and I'm still fumbling through it. I attempted to fim early but messed it up or it didn't work the way I wanted it to at least. I wound up topping her 5 times to get 32 colas. Is that too many for 1 plant? Does the stalk need to be thicker? Should I have kept it at 16 colas? She's in early flower, should I damage bud sites so only 24 colas develope? Is it better to have more bud sites or better to have less sites and focus on beefing them up? Which provides better yields?

How many colas per plant
How many colas per plant 2
How many colas per plant 3
How many colas per plant 4
jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
Nice plant! Even canopy and lots of bud sites, perfect IMO. Might get a little dense late in flower but with enough air flow I'd let her run. No clue about your nutes, sure one of the dirt guys will help you out.

jj

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
This plant is a LA Confidential in 13 gallons of Dr earth and fox farm ocean forest soil mixed. I use Dr earth as my base ferts and supplement with down to earth stuff... ie: guano, kelp meal, alfalfa meal, langbeinite. I just started adding coconut water and aloe juice. I also use barley, barley extract and unsulphured molasses. Also hormex rooting hormone (vita B1), ascorbic acid (vita C). I just started using Tribus as well. It's too early to tell if the coco water, aloe juice and tribus will make a difference. My leaf tips are burning a bit but the plant looks healthy otherwise. I'm concerned it might be too much light but I'm not sure. Maybe Im over feeding something in the NPK realm. Oh, I also use fulvic acid and cal-mag. Lastly, I use Dr Earth's metabolic transformer. It might seem like I know what I'm doing but I don't really. This is my 4th grow and I'm still fumbling through it. I attempted to fim early but messed it up or it didn't work the way I wanted it to at least. I wound up topping her 5 times to get 32 colas. Is that too many for 1 plant? Does the stalk need to be thicker? Should I have kept it at 16 colas? She's in early flower, should I damage bud sites so only 24 colas develope? Is it better to have more bud sites or better to have less sites and focus on beefing them up? Which provides better yields?
Looks good I have a very similar single girl growing now and when I looked at yours and read the next comment on the level canopy I had a oops moment so I went in and bent my girl over more...I'd let spires grow with out flattening, it pays to read the posts here, it helps keep us on track....... thanks to jadins_ journey for posting the comment.

100 6898
100 6903
Last edited:
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
I'd just like to add that I don't like to see your power bar hanging like that. the weight of the cords is on the plugs and over time the weight slowly cause your plugs to pull out of the socket. That not only exposes the male ends it loosens the connection which can cause arcing & heat build up...If you can't rearrange the power bar to sit flat then support the weight of the cords & regularly check your plugs to be sure they are well seated.....

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

I'd just like to add that I don't like to see your power bar hanging like that. the weight of the cords is on the plugs and over time the weight slowly cause your plugs to pull out of the socket. That not only exposes the male ends it loosens the connection which can cause arcing & heat build up...If you can't rearrange the power bar to sit flat then support the weight of the cords & regularly check your plugs to be sure they are well seated.....
I wouldn't touch anything at this point.
Except for that power bar hanging like that.

hobby4life

hobby4life

I think what you're forgetting is other than the general fundamentals growing, It is purely experimentation and fun.
If you grow the same strain continuously you will learn what it likes and dislikes And you will be able to Gain better yields from the experience.
Remember practice makes perfect.
Have fun and see how it goes.

Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

The power bar is attached to the wall. Surge protected, lights are grounded and it's all right in front of my face. I look at it everyday. That's my laundry room

Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

The power bar is attached to the wall. Surge protected, lights are grounded and it's all right in front of my face. I look at it everyday. That's my laundry room
Incidentally, it is a new power strip. The duct tape is just covering some lights on the switches. I wasn't sure if they'd make her Hermie.

Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

Also,
Nice plant! Even canopy and lots of bud sites, perfect IMO. Might get a little dense late in flower but with enough air flow I'd let her run. No clue about your nutes, sure one of the dirt guys will help you out.

jj
I'm pretty optimistic... I can just barely see through the canopy. I defoliated 4 days ago. Just the big fan leaves on the bottom while I was super cropping the tallest stalks. So hopefully airflow will be good. This was right before defol/super crop

IMG 20220304 114732278 HDR
Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

Looks good I have a very similar single girl growing now and when I looked at yours and read the next comment on the level canopy I had a oops moment so I went in and bent my girl over more...I'd let spires grow with out flattening, it pays to read the posts here, it helps keep us on track....... thanks to jadins_ journey for posting the comment.

Can I ask what kind of lights those are? I'm looking for some good strip lights for vertical lighting on utility shelf corner posts

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Can I ask what kind of lights those are? I'm looking for some good strip lights for vertical lighting on utility shelf corner posts
Those side lights are new, I'm just trying to perk up the lower buds. They're really just cheap lights,I picked up off Amazon

looks pretty but I don't expect much....it's heated my room a few degrees that I like. I think you'd be better off with real led grow lights @ $100 + each for some strip lights I saw @ Mars- Hydro

I've not heard good things about this company but lights like these I think would have more of an effect...

Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

I'm looking for something for the lower buds as well. Preferably not hot and not TOO bright because of proximity. I'm looking for canopy penetration. I honestly don't know if it's worth the effort but I figure the plant does use the light so...

Mcsketcher

Mcsketcher

I'm looking for something for the lower buds as well. Preferably not hot and not TOO bright because of proximity. I'm looking for canopy penetration. I honestly don't know if it's worth the effort but I figure the plant does use the light so...
I'm considering just trying like some florescent shop lights

Latest posts

Top Bottom