How many Days in Flower ???

• Thread starter lastbreathwillbeogkush
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
lastbreathwillbeogkush

lastbreathwillbeogkush

When do you count the flowering days ? From the day you flip the lights, or from the day you first start seeing flowering ??? Thanks.

nebulius

nebulius

I and I believe most people count the days after the light has been switched to 12/12. So, when you see seed companies advertising flowering time at 6-8 or 8-10 wks it means typically this strain will be finished in X-XX wks after changing the light period to flower.
I keep a journal along with pics and keep notes on stuff like that ;when I first started seeing flowers, measurements in height, what i put in my nute solution and in what amounts, date I switched to flower, etc. I also jot down ideas and stuff I learn from the farm.
This information is really valuable to have especially if you grow that same strain again.

Good luck

lastbreathwillbeogkush

lastbreathwillbeogkush

Ok cool thanks for the info. I keep a log of everything lol I am kind of anal don't wanna mess up.

philly kush

philly kush

Alot of growers start counting soon as they flip the switch,i used 2 do that.Some wait till they c tiny bud hairs then start, thats how i did it 4 a year or 2,now i just wait 4 the ladies 2 let me know when thier ready,those numbers r just a ballpark # plants r ready when they r ready
i learned that from an ol'timer.Now i just wait till those BUDS R GLISSILIG and i take a peak of those TRI'S n everything looks happy THEN I KNOW THIER READY!

nebulius

nebulius

Philly Kush has it right, there is no predetermined date in which to harvest. Counting the days in flower is to give you an idea of when the window of harvest will be so you can plan ahead with your nutes and flushes.

V

vierundzwanzig

if i may add to both of your great points?
its also wise to taper the hours down incrementally and not even think of flowering before the nodes have started to alternate (from seed of course). but that's just my two cents.

Latest posts

Top Bottom