How many despensaries are left anyways??

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I started thinkin, when the state wide moratoreum went into effect there were roughly 1100 despensaries, infused products, and optional cultivation premises total in the state. So thats it, thats all we had to work with from the jump.

The state told me that they rejected right at 30% of all the applications due to tax and funding issues alone, Boulder says it rejected about 30% on tax and criminal background issues, Fort Collin, Loveland, Windsor, Westmienster, Greeley, Longmont, etc... out and out banned them so there is another 50 or so gone, 23 letters went out in Denver to pack up and move or go out of business..

In Denver there were somewhere around 384 despensaries and optional cultivation facilities when this all started, whats the count now? Colorado Springs same thing, there were something like 141 total applications, how many are left or are even in consideration...El Paso county pretty much shut everything down outside the cities, same with Weld, Summitt, Adams...

I know alot of people that started the process three or so years ago that still have pending applications but have long since shut down and moved on to other states and opprotunities..

So how many of the original 1100 or so total applicants are still really playing the game and hope to actually get a state liscense? if you do the math there should be only about 200 or so state wide that are even still in the running...keep in mind that there have been no new applications excepted in the last three years and no new ones are even to be considered until July of this year, which my guess will be extended another year..also keep in mind that when a depsensary or infused product liscense is denied, it also wipes out the optional cultivation facility application and/or your infused product liscense also, so there are a minimum of two rejections per operation and some have many, many that would be effected.

It would crack me up if when it was all said and done there were like 60 really in the game and moving forward operations state wide and everyone else was just slingin this whole time

Just curious..

Tex

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
North of Hwy 52 in Dacano there are only two that I can think of...Natures Medicine, in a little strip of unicorporated Boulder county and Herbs Medicinal right in the middle of Berthoud...thats it for the entire north of the state which is about 25% of the total

Dacano has two or three still if memory serves and then I think you have to get to Thorton or Northglen before there is another one, one or two in Aurora and a couple in Commerce City but then its all Denver metro places..

Alot are still listed but are no more

Tex

D

DreamChaser

Not certain how many are left but they are droppin like flies. Most left are struggling too now that the hypes wore off the green rush.
Seems the public's got a general consensus most are slinging shit too. Been staying away from everyone n everything to do with dispensaries since summer for federal reasons n just because its clear they are the problem to me. I can really here feel n see the vaccume created for the quality dank in Colorado with all the new smokers. I tried to tell the old hands getting burned out the last few years to hold out. It made sense to me new smokers would learn to recognize a quality product long before all the new growers could produce it. Hell I got twenty years as a lumberkjack in learn something with luck every rotation.

BLOW IT UP COLORADO! FUCK'EM

better

Legalize it!

C

COb

North of Hwy 52 in Dacano there are only two that I can think of...Natures Medicine, in a little strip of unicorporated Boulder county and Herbs Medicinal right in the middle of Berthoud...thats it for the entire north of the state which is about 25% of the total

Dacano has two or three still if memory serves and then I think you have to get to Thorton or Northglen before there is another one, one or two in Aurora and a couple in Commerce City but then its all Denver metro places..

Alot are still listed but are no more

Tex
There's 2 in Garden City, and I think 2 in unincorporated larimer, possible one in Estes still? I will say I know a few people in foco, and the private market is picking back up a bit...

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Forgot about Garden City....

On the state website they have a list of licensees and as of 1/26/12 there are only 59 depensaries and 2 infused products manufactures statewide....Now i am not sure if that includes the applications pending or if that is just the ones they have actually issued licenses to...they used have a big ass list on there that had all the applications pending but its gone now I see.

So 59 despensaries and 2 IPM's currently legal under the state's eyes

Tex

D

DreamChaser

"These are the days when we chant down Babylon. And we'll keep on fighting until Babylon's gone." Marley

Legalize it!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I also read where the total tax revenue generated statewide in tax year 2010-2011 from despensaries was only $2.2 million, not the big windfall they hopin for..lol...and a far cry from what the proponents are saying is goin on...I have actually heard them say tha they are in the $32-35million dollar range with taxes and fees, even compared it to what alcohol brings in...lolol

$2.2 million in tax revenue is more like a good weekend at the Denver Market Center, not the annual take of an industry that is supposedly boomin..

Alcohol does $34-$36 million statewide in sales tax alone, through in the DUI action and its the true cash cow for the state..

Tex

C

COb

Forgot about Garden City....
Nothing memorable about them... :pimp:

I also read where the total tax revenue generated statewide in tax year 2010-2011 from despensaries was only $2.2 million, not the big windfall they hopin for..lol...and a far cry from what the proponents are saying is goin on...I have actually heard them say tha they are in the $32-35million dollar range with taxes and fees, even compared it to what alcohol brings in...lolol

Tex

Shit, the state got more than that when they robbed the registry funds.

putembk

putembk

I think a lot of dispensary owners have quit because after the government gets involved they can't get the return on investment that the wanted. After taxes, unemployment ins, employee benefits, work mans comp exc......... they simply cant make as much $$$ as they once did in the underground market. Running a legit business in the private sector is tough on a good business person let alone some inexperienced grower coming from the wild wild west.

Melizzard

Melizzard

Still one in Woodland Park and one in Divide. I'll represent for Teller Cty. :)

C

canaguy27

don't forget about the ones selling. The Clinic, patient's choice, people who own serenity moon and others, silver lizard, cds, etc are growing through acquisition. Only a dozen on our routes have closed so far in the metro area in the last few months. this fed thing and taxes will be the nail in the coffin.

edit- places are seeing fewer patients, wondering where they all went. these mmcs should have been screaming about all the new regs, but they just kept their head in the sand. even the big places have seen the decline. they should be screaming about the Feds, but they aren't.

bottom line is most of these people are NOT business people, but growers/get rich quick people that thought this was a cash cow. IT IS NOT (at their level anyways :winking0067:)

S

SoCoMMJ

Middle of last year had something like 120 still paying sales taxes in Colorado Springs. I was shocked as I thought a considerable number of them had closed.

After this city application process shakes out there may be quite a few less. The Certificate of Occupancy requirement, ugh... our center had almost 60k in expenses to reconfigure this old warehouse completely up to code. That's the hidden expense that many are not recognizing in the process.

I feel for the shops that have multiple OPC's..

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

Its sad, not even because of what it became, but what could of been. Had the market stayed free and open, there would of been not only a lot more opportunity, but more even prices, quality, and variety. But LEO didn't want to lose out on all that black market bust revenue, etc. and the general greed on both sides ruined it as usual....

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Yes, I too also need to learn when to keep my keys silent.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Only 59 are lisensed so far..

I think you would be hard pressed to find 590 despensaries statewide right now.

$1 a name..lol...who even cares where they are, maybe a despensary group should pursue that, they are the only ones with anything remotely to gain

Tex

sky high

sky high

4 of the original 5 still in op here. Still advertising $90 quarters and $45 eights in the local newspaper...as always.

tick, tick....

D

DreamChaser

590-59=500 Federal scapegoats just screamin for the schlong in a tent in the middle of nowhere in Federal facility. Scary ;( If weren't for few peeps n my critters think I'd pack up in head to sweet Jamaica tomorrow. Soon come.

G

ganjherbsmoke

Still like 40 or so here in boulder haven't really seen many closings tbh like maybe a few all the big ones r still kickin
a few did just get letters tho
But did anyone notice the feds actually never showed up in CA after 45 days?
Curious if its just to get ppl to close on their own save them the trouble lol

Top Bottom