How many despensaries are left anyways??

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

waywardson

edit...never mind. trying to learn to just keep my mouth shut

JeromeGarcia

JeromeGarcia

Yeah- the 590 number is a verbally verified number as of 2 months ago. It's more accurate than the MMED's list.

rockymtnbuds

rockymtnbuds

Theres still close to 100 in Colorado Springs. Just drive down Colorado Ave from 31st st to downtown and you'll pass at least 20.

PButter

PButter

RUN!!!
Supporter
I think I saw one in Nederland, couldn't be sure as there was snow all over the place.

It seems that the laws keep changing to the worst situation for all of these guys; If you comply with these rules, we will lay out new ones that will be prohibitive to comply with...

PB

K

kolah

Still one in Woodland Park and one in Divide. I'll represent for Teller Cty. :)

Yeah Mel. There is that Comfort Care by Safeway which recently sold out to someone else. They had serious bug issues. I think they will soon fold up shop. Last time I visited the new owners they had only 3 or 4 strains that looked pathetic.

and theres Mountain Harvest? in Divide. Very good weed, not much variety when I was there though.

but also there is one more called Eagles Nest down there in Cascade. I am unsure whether that is Teller or El Paso County but I frequent there a lot to try out strains and they also have great edibles (Doc J's hash oil muffins are killer) They always have good clean clones for sale too. They always have at least 50-60 strains of buds to pick from. A good bunch of folks, IMO. (no affiliation, yada yada).

Even though I grow my own, I am not a dispensary hater. If a place has some good weed and they treat me nicely I will buy from them.

Dorje

Dorje

This is just sad... could have been great though... IMO anyone should be able to walk into a store and buy weed. But the results of CO's "vertical integration" screwed it all up.

Fact is, there's a BIG difference between selling weed in a retail storefront and growing it.

OLDproLg

OLDproLg

Damn sad...

aint been here in a while,holly sludgehammer?
Feds SUCK!

A

A20Grower

This is just sad... could have been great though... IMO anyone should be able to walk into a store and buy weed. But the results of CO's "vertical integration" screwed it all up.

Fact is, there's a BIG difference between selling weed in a retail storefront and growing it.

Weren't you involved in some trouble with BMMD? Lawsuits and such? What happened with that?

Dorje

Dorje

Weren't you involved in some trouble with BMMD? Lawsuits and such? What happened with that?

Yeah, these things take time. They refused to negotiate so unfortunately I am forced to file suit, which will happen in a matter of days now that I have a payment agreement ironed out with my lawyer.

All I asked for was to agree on a payment total and schedule, they basically told me to go f-myself.

Those guys are really trying to screw me, I have been paid about $20k for a years worth of work. I found the space for the grow, designed and helped build it, and operated the grow for 2 rounds.

I am also suing them for misrepresentation (a form of fraud), slander, and discrimination on the basis of having a sealed arrest record, which isn't legal in CO.

They also hired this girl that was working with me, I'm sure paying her a lot less than what we agreed on, apparently she has no problem learning my system and then bending me over. I can't believe she agreed to work for them given the circumstances, she should feel like shit screwing me over like that.

I'm sure it's the same sob story many growers have, I just wish more growers would retain a lawyer and sue the dispensaries they were working for. Even if there isn't a written contract, it is still possible to ask for payment under the theory of quantum meruit, which means you deserve to be paid a reasonable amount for work done regardless of the presence of a contract.

putembk

putembk

This is really what is sad. How many times have we heard about some entrepreneur who hires a master grower and ends up throwing him out. The moral of the story here is get it in writhing!! No matter what they promise you in the beginning, the less they depend on you the more they forget.
I wish you well in your legal battle, but the burden of proof is on you and as you are discovering you measure time on the calendar not on your watch.

D

DreamChaser

Dorje just play your tune backward in send all the rats back to them fools! Oh wait the rats are running the race ! OHHHH SHIT! time to burn

eyecandi

eyecandi

damn, sounds like we need to get together and compare burn notes :( we filed suit last week. almost the exact same situation to a T.

Yeah, these things take time. They refused to negotiate so unfortunately I am forced to file suit, which will happen in a matter of days now that I have a payment agreement ironed out with my lawyer.

All I asked for was to agree on a payment total and schedule, they basically told me to go f-myself.

Those guys are really trying to screw me, I have been paid about $20k for a years worth of work. I found the space for the grow, designed and helped build it, and operated the grow for 2 rounds.

I am also suing them for misrepresentation (a form of fraud), slander, and discrimination on the basis of having a sealed arrest record, which isn't legal in CO.

They also hired this girl that was working with me, I'm sure paying her a lot less than what we agreed on, apparently she has no problem learning my system and then bending me over. I can't believe she agreed to work for them given the circumstances, she should feel like shit screwing me over like that.

I'm sure it's the same sob story many growers have, I just wish more growers would retain a lawyer and sue the dispensaries they were working for. Even if there isn't a written contract, it is still possible to ask for payment under the theory of quantum meruit, which means you deserve to be paid a reasonable amount for work done regardless of the presence of a contract.

Dorje

Dorje

damn, sounds like we need to get together and compare burn notes :( we filed suit last week. almost the exact same situation to a T.

You going up against Gard? His response to my lawyer's demand letter was over the top, ridiculous and will be used as evidence against him when we ask for compensation for legal fees.

I know a couple others personally that went through the exact same thing too...

Luckily, these idiots at BMMD made a lot of mistakes like fraud, slander and discrimination. The slander got back to me from an owner of another dispensary (a potential employer), so the slander case is fully legit. Plus they comingled funds so they won't be able to hide behind their LLC. They are risking their business and their homes... pretty much all they have if they don't make a deal with me and take this to trial.

And while contracts are nice my lawyer thinks he can recover more money under a quantum meruit claim then he could trying to enforce our agreement. A lot of growers undervalued their work. I was working as a consultant, I have a ME degree and nearly 2 decades of experience... that adds up to a VERY high hourly wage, and I kept track of all my time. There are business experts who can be expert witnesses for the court, to estimate what your services are worth for this kind of claim...

Good luck with your case, I hope you and all growers who were screwed by dispensaries get fair compensation and hopefully some hefty penalties awarded as well.

eyecandi

eyecandi

very similar in many reguards friend. I learned long ago to CMOA (cover my own ass) and have plenty of ammo for my lawyer and the court to play with. at this point i'm pretty cure my actions have shut the OPC down - F them. a year and a half of hard work building that place from scratch, dumb asses wouldn't have survived the first round if not for us. and thanks to the MMEDs wonderful integration model they were forced to sell or shut down - told us to F off, we are selling and you get nada .... oh yeah, sorry about the lack of compensation and your ownership % means squat. We forced the ownership issue via our lawyer and the deals fell thru .... boohoo. now they can bend over in court as well. they made a ton of legal/business mistakes too ... if they were smart they wouldn't let it get to a courtroom.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light

Man that sucks but your best bet is to suck it up and move on, your not goin to get one penny other than an attorney bill...there is a reason growers dont sue despensaries, because it is an illegal business you have no legal claim to anything what so ever and any attorney tellin you otherwise is just being an attorney and gettin your money....they can not even legally enter into an employment contract of any kind, for anything, for any amount as far as the court is concerned.....your best bet would have been to get them to sign a promissory note with terms and then sue them for breach of that..fraud, defamation, discimination based on disclosing criminal records?? run from all this, these are all of the hardest. most impossible things to pursue in court, get away from the attorneis man, thats all i can say

Save our money on attornies and fire up another room..

I can not think of one person in this end of it that didn't get screwed, not one...pretty sad.

Tex

putembk

putembk

Sorry, totally agree. The only ones who will prosper from a situation like this are the attorneys. Watched this happen for years and sadly you will pay the bills. Try and settle, they don't want to pay for an attorney either.

eyecandi

eyecandi

standard CO employment/employee/tax laws still apply. and even aside from that, breach of contract is easy. i've let many things in life go, but in this one i won't relent. it got personal.

Dorje

Dorje

My lawyer thinks this is a relatively simple case, and is sure he will recover money. He is so sure I worked out a deal where I pay only actual expenses, probably under $3k, and he gets a contingency fee, which is a percentage of what we recover. If I recover no money I owe no legal fees.

Tex, I appreciate your input on most subjects, but you are wrong here and I want to encourage more growers to step up and take action. The lawyers I talked to were all very sympathetic, and if you have a case you'll find an attonrney willing to help out on contingency as I did.

Dorje

Dorje

A friend of mine just won a $20k judgement against a MMC in Boulder County for mmj he sold them while it was legal to do so, pre 1284. So it is not true the courts won't award for stuff like this.

Top Bottom