How many drippers per plant?

• Thread starter soaringfast
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
soaringfast

soaringfast

After 18 years of hand watering or bottom bottom feeding I want to do a drip system.
I'm using 3 gal pots in straight coco. I'm going to turn the pump on manual until i get a feel for things before I use timers.

Would one drip basket towards the base bee good or should I have 2?

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

I'M running the same setup 15 plants in3 gallons. And a single dripper works just fine. Good luck.

Bud Spleefman

Bud Spleefman

Premium Member
Supporter
I'm running one feed line to a "T" so two spots get fed, seems like plenty.

M

mrdizzle

one is fine so long as the medium does not dry out, which causes channeling of the water

deep buddy

deep buddy

running one basket dripper stake per 2 gals but t's also work well

M

mrduke

I got a few question for you drip guys. do you think drip will really out preorm F&D with every thing else being equal? Also how many times per light cycle do you think you would need to feed in botanicares airation mix coco its like 50/50 mix? And fanally is there such thing as to much run off,? like if i used a 15 min cycle timer would that be to much run off? Just looking to clear up some things as im resetting up the room and might switch ot top feed drip if its relly better, F&D has been working fine with no major problems.

justsomeguy

justsomeguy

no such thing as too much run off it just costs money. and frequency of feedings are based on plant size and how long it takes for your pots to dry up some. for me its once every few days to start off and then maybe twice a day for my biggest plants in bloom.

Latest posts

Top Bottom