How Many Farmers Trim Their Bud Wet.........

• Thread starter Reefer Franklin
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

How Many Farmers Trim Their Bud Wet or Dry ?

• Wet

Votes: 46 65.7%
  • Dry

Votes: 24 34.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
sealed138

sealed138

First Starfighter
Supporter
I've done both...more times than I care to remember. It really comes down to what is more important. Speed or quality. If you have alot of work to do or don't have the manpower then a wet trim with a trimmer will probably be the ticket, but the nose will suffer. If quality is your first priority and you have the manpower then dry trim is gonna be the way to go. If you look at it from a farmers financial standpoint it will cost around 200/unit to get it hand trimmed and should be worth 200 more due to better nose. Or you can have a trim machine run through your crop in a short amount of time and save on labor costs, but lose out in quality somewhat.

St3ve

St3ve

I already voted wet trim but I recently had an observation.

When I trim I just chop larger stalks at a time, then break it down to smaller stalks then nip the buds of in the trimmer. Well a few stalks fell behind the buckets so they got left until 4 days later. By that time they were floppy and limp, starting to want to dry a little. I just trimmed them in the trimmer and went about my way.

I thought they would look like crap since they weren't trimmed immediately but what I noticed is that they looked just as good coming out of the trimmer as the ones I trimmed immediately. However, they sat "drying" for an extra 4 days still with all their leaf matter on the stem. I didn't think about it until afterwards or I would have kept those buds separate just to see if there was a smell difference or anything.

I think next run that I will just cut 2 whole plants off at the stalk and leave them there in the room next to the other ones like 4 days early. I'll trim them in the trimmer and dry/cure them separately to see.

then sniff test

O

ODGG

Wet trim, always. Dry trimming small buds....yea right. New thing I'm going to do this year....LIVE trim. When you wet trim and you dont get to it right away, it can become a pain in the ass as the leaves curl up and start sticking (this problem mainly arises when you harvest an entire outdoor crop at once). I'm going to trim up a majority of the buds while the plant is still in the ground, this way they stay perky and are a quick trim.

datDANK

datDANK

you should never do it wet!!!! lolololol

take your time let it dry out... trim with your hands will take 1 day

do it wet will take a few days to trim

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
Are yall serious with the better taste and smell when trimmed dry vs wet? I bet not a single one of you could tell the difference by the finally product if it was cured right. Ive heard the leaves cup the buds protecting the crystals and so on.

I trim wet. Pain in the ass to trim dry. I also dry on screens and cut buds down to hinder any type of rot. Happened once. Wont let it happen again.

P

ProjectPurps

what do you mean jars are for closet growers ?

what he means is when your pulling down mass amounts of large trees its hard to jar everything up (even with the big 3 gallon jars from michales) closet growers usally dont run into this prob....but when you dry in a cool dark de humid basement or something if you dont rush it it will defintly still have that skunk:rasta2:

P

ProjectPurps

Are yall serious with the better taste and smell when trimmed dry vs wet? I bet not a single one of you could tell the difference by the finally product if it was cured right. Ive heard the leaves cup the buds protecting the crystals and so on.

I trim wet. Pain in the ass to trim dry. I also dry on screens and cut buds down to hinder any type of rot. Happened once. Wont let it happen again.

i agree it dont really matter as far as smell and taste when you trim its all still gooing to dry and cure the same way

but i like to trim mine a little dryer(big fan leafs first when wet):rasta2: makes it a lot easyer if you ask me leafs just fall right off

F

FruitOfTheLabor

dry.. because i find it slows down the drying process.. and makes my bud smell and taste better overall after a 10 day dry i trim and jar... and damn does it stink and is so sticky

convex

convex

Wet ... I have experienced mold twice with hanging and dry trim.
Have never seen it during a grow or after a wet trim.

Cheers

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I do both....

wet's easier...but dry has its advantages...

Triming limp..cut two days ago....soggy...is NOT the way to go ..for sure

K

kes5480

wet is easier but i think dry is better.
ive done it both ways and i agree trimming dry is a pain in the ass but i notice the bud has a better stink when trimmed dry...just my thoughts...
peace

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Just had a heated debate about this last night. I value everybody's opinion but through my experience between the 2, I'll never wet trim again! I mean if your growing a bunch and just gonna pawn it off then OK wet trim I guess. In my experience between the 2, wet trimmed buds leaves you with buds, even after cure, with a sack that needs to be opened to get a good wif, dry trimmed is the sack you can smell in a person's pocket from across the room. And I find it hard to believe through my experience that wet trimming saves trichomes, have you ever looked at your scissors while wet trimming? I believe wet trimming breaks down the drying process and chlorophyll is reduced much better with a nice slow and even dry. This is a touchy subject but I mean I've done both several times and I have always noticed a huge difference in smell, and taste with dry trimmed buds.

KlipschGuy

KlipschGuy

Chop fans at harvest and hang the whole plants, couple rotating fans and let the branches sweat into the buds. Come back 7 to 10 days later, trim and throw em in paper bags for a night, then on to cure.
I wet trimmed a few lbs grow and knew I was fuckin up as soon as I chopped into the first bud, by the time I got a bud trimmed the bud was damn near odorless and my scissors had juices oozing down the blade, I'm compulsive so once I got started I couldn't stop but by the time I got the grow finally trimmed I had what looked like a 4 or 5 gram hash ball from diggin it off the scissor blades. Ended up with 3 lbs plus of weak smelling, weak tasting and lopsided buds. Took a 15 to 20 a gram bud down to about a 7 dollar a gram bud and even the people i take care of said my product was weak compared to other grows. That was my experience with wet trimming.

M

Mateo111

I do a combo getting off as many leaves as I can wet and while drying, then finish off dry. In my opinion, whether doing a wet or dry trim, it's mosr important getting off as much leaf as possible. If you can do a better job wet then do wet, if it's easier for you dry, do it that way. The leaves are the first things to dry completely . Eventually it will fall off the bud by itself. Poorly trimmed bud in the end will equal more shake in the bottom of the bag then needed to be

M

Mateo111

I'd like to add that what I consider a wet trim is getting off as many leaves as I can before it dries, which usually means just half the main colas. I personally don't see a huge difference between what I have trimmed and what I haven't by the time it's dry

Monster762

Monster762

Chop fans at harvest and hang the whole plants, couple rotating fans and let the branches sweat into the buds. Come back 7 to 10 days later, trim and throw em in paper bags for a night, then on to cure.
I wet trimmed a few lbs grow and knew I was fuckin up as soon as I chopped into the first bud, by the time I got a bud trimmed the bud was damn near odorless and my scissors had juices oozing down the blade, I'm compulsive so once I got started I couldn't stop but by the time I got the grow finally trimmed I had what looked like a 4 or 5 gram hash ball from diggin it off the scissor blades. Ended up with 3 lbs plus of weak smelling, weak tasting and lopsided buds. Took a 15 to 20 a gram bud down to about a 7 dollar a gram bud and even the people i take care of said my product was weak compared to other grows. That was my experience with wet trimming.
This is an old ass thread but I do kinda see you're point. I just harvested first plant and wet trimmed. I have 2 more same strain that didn't have the percentage of amber I'm seeking yet. Maybe I'll do 1 wet trim n 1 just fans off n leave sugar leaves on to dry. Since I won't be selling a single gram appearance really don't matter. I think the wet trim does make it look more appealing. No one wants to see leaves in something they are paying crazy money for. But for better preservation leaving sugar leaves to protect might be good and it'll make drying little slower so better if it don't mold.

Top Bottom