How Many Gals Goes Into A Gram?

• Thread starter The Terps
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
The Terps

The Terps

So lack of water got me thinking...
My county doesn't want us to grow outside, the terps abides. But how many gals goes into your gram o bud? Well I decided to crunch some numbers and this what I found try and figure out how much you guys use!
Indoors- 0.4-0.5
Outdoors-0.3-0.7
That only includes the water given to the plants not what I used to wash tanks and the likes.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Just out of curiosity, how did you come to these numbers? Would be interesting to see the comparison in a RDWC system as well as coco and of course soil.

One Love,
tobh

SeaF0ur

SeaF0ur

My self irrigated planters use considerably less water, especially when properly mulched...

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

Interesting post

I just did a quick calculation on my hydro system
Strain dependent .07-.35

The Terps

The Terps

I got the number by multiplying the amount of gals I use a day which is about 25 and multiply that by days grown and divide by grams yielded, my numbers aren't exact but they are in the ball park. The indoor was based off dtw coco

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

DIY ebb and flow type hydro, nice yielding strain...
I do have to admit the .07 I calculated off my personal record run :oops:
The .35 was off the worst run in the last year or so.
I probably average somewhere in the middle of the numbers I posted

The Terps

The Terps

@SeaF0ur do you mean drip fed planters? I've checked out you set up which is awesome btw but alls that's coming to mind is sweet ass cover crop. What I noticed is that I yielded better with a multiple sight but used more water however I produced more Pot Per Gallon in doing so.

The Terps

The Terps

Haha I'm stoned and was trying to figure out what your potatoes per light was by doing the math backwards somehow. Took me about 5 mins before I realized I didn't have all the pieces to the puzzle. Can you share the record number with us I really want to know!

DemonTrich

DemonTrich

I use 15 gallons per 12 x 4.7 gal pots every 3rd day with little run-off (flower).
I use another 3 gallons for 4x 2.5 gal pots every other day with little run-off (flower)
15-20 gallons of water per 12x 4.7 gal and 4x 2.5 gal in veg every 5-6 days.
2 gallons 2x daily in my ultrasonic mister in veg room.
2x 2.8 (25 site each) gal aeroponic cloners get fresh water change every 7 days
clones in solo cups get between 1 gal and 2 gallons depending on size every 2-3 days

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
So lack of water got me thinking...
My county doesn't want us to grow outside, the terps abides. But how many gals goes into your gram o bud? Well I decided to crunch some numbers and this what I found try and figure out how much you guys use!
Indoors- 0.4-0.5
Outdoors-0.3-0.7
That only includes the water given to the plants not what I used to wash tanks and the likes.
I would participate in this if I could do the math, and knew exactly how much I've harvested. I think, however, that the total weight of usable plant material should be considered.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Do I take that to mean you include the trim as well?

The Terps

The Terps

I believe what sea is saying is also take said extract(s) and add that to grams produced?

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

Oh, well in that case it was even a little better that .07.
I never really "count" that kind of stuff. To me that's just one perks of being a farmer.

Top Bottom