How many HPS for 30 plants?

• Thread starter cybersapient
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

cybersapient

Hello
I'm new to this community.I wanted to ask 'how many 400W High Pressure Sodium Vapour Lamps do i need for 30 plants?'.

Thanks

half baked

half baked

easi cybersapient, welcome to the farm, first off were gonna need to know,

room size
method of growing

what i mean is you could easily put all them under 1 light in a sea of green, or u cud grow trees and have 10-15 lights,

need more info mate

peace hb

C

cybersapient

Room Size : 7x8 feet and height 8feet

What all methods are there?sorry im new to all this so dont have much info.It would be great if you can share some links.
Thanks

half baked

half baked

easi mate, well i would prob use 1 400hps for every 1 sq meter, probabaly best to have a good read through the forums( general indoor growing) to see what path u would like to go down, id go the organic route, very easy method of growing but u have to hand water when they need it, but if thats not ur thing then look towards hydro, all automated but can be costly, but there are some great ideas on the forums for u to cut them costs down, as i said just have a look around for what would suit u best then post up what u think,:)

peace hb

Pic redone2
half baked

half baked

i take it you dont have the equipment or plants yet, just out of curiousity what strain are you going to grow?

well for starters ur going to need to get ur lights, id say 4 400hps for that space, id go for 11 litre pots too, i use 6.5liitres but i put 16 in a 1x1m tent, so dont want the plants too big but you'll be able to bulk them up bigger than mine, i also top and lollipop all mine(just grow the heads and chop off what the light doesnt really see) to get u started for the next few weeks jus run 2 of the lights as the plants wont need all that light staright away, where are you getting your air from, i drag air in from outside and vent out into my house jus to be on the safe side, and it heats my house up lol

what country are you from, im from the uk and use nutrients only sold here, if you have any questions during the build or wheneva just pop em on here and i'll be glad to help and try and walk you through your first grow, we've all been there,:) hope this helps a little bro

peace hb

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

Skip the 400's and use at least 600's......way more efficient lights.

Str8Dank

Str8Dank

you need to figure out some other things before you start picking the number of plants per light that is like a question missing the variables necessary to ever have a answer there is no right answer to that question.

the reason is there are so many different ways to grow the plants you have to figure that out first. if you were to look in the MPB or UC section here you will see people using 1 1000w HPS light per plant! if you use the search and look for 'sog' you will see people with maybe 30-50 plants under a single 1000w light. once you figure out what way of growing you want to go then you can figure out the number of lights. the method of growing may mean you want to use less then 30 plants even if that is your legal limit. some guys here are running 12 plants and getting close to 2 lbs of bud on each plant using 12 1,000 watt hps lights.

you could grow in dirt in say 1 gallon bags which will need less time to veg and you will run more plants smaller per light or you could veg the plants longer and use say 5 gal pots and only run a few per light.

i would start by going into the journal section here and reading through some journals and seeing what people are doing that's working really well and using a hydro system you are willing to build or buy and feel confident you can maintain or find someone using dirt and look at how many plants they are growing, what size containers they are using etc.

remember there are not going to be a lot of grows here using 400 w lights because there are bigger better lights out here but a 400 will do just fun for a personal grow. do some research and come back and post up any questions you have and we are more then happy to help you get started.

Top Bottom