how many lights?

• Thread starter greenthumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

greenthumb

can anybody please tell me how many 600w lights can be run from one room without blowing a fuse?
i have run 3 in the past but now i want to run 5 plus a dehumidifier/ac unit=1kw plus 1x6"ruck150-2x5"125ruck/2x16"oscilating fan-1x12" oscilating fan-1x8" oscilating fan.
would i be able to run the lot from the sockets or would i need to do something with the fuse box?
im in the uk on 240w please help!!!

T

tophmaster

u should be fine on 240 if its a 30 or 40 am breaker. need fear to be sure

G

greenthumb

1 tent is a titan bud box with ac/dehumidifier with built in carbon and bacteria filter and no in/out vents just exhaust from ac with 3x600w+1x16"oscilating fan and 125ruck with carbon filter.

2nd tent is a xl budbox with 600w-150ruck6"extract with carbon filter 1x12"oscilting fan+125ruck5" intake.
3rd tent is a L budbox with 600wsputnick aircooled reflector hooked up to a 125ruck5" extract that leads to intake in second box 1x16"+1x8" oscilating fans-passive intake.

both systems work well because ive tryed both and got good results from both but the old dehumidifier broke so found a good quality one that is a ac unit too.
now i want to do a side by side ive got the 2 bud box set up running now and will be adding the titan as soon as i know that its safe.

G

greenthumb

the ac/dehumidifier is a electrolux 8000btu high end air conditioner its the fuckin business

D

dusty

no idea with out knowing how many amps are being ran to the room youre growing in.

L

likeakite

You have to check each piece of equipment you want to plug into an outlet for the sticker that will tell you how much amperage it will draw. Then only use about 75% of the circuits capacity for safety.

For instance...a 600w HID will draw about 2.4 amps on a 240v line here in the US. Thats with a digi ballast. I think a magnetic ballast might use a bit more electricity. If you only have the 5 lights on that 30 amp circuit, youre only gonna be using around 13 amps.

J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
A magnetic ballast won't really pull anymore power, except on startup. So the amperage should be the same or very close, close enough to not be worth considering IMO.

R

Rural_GrowOp

5 600 watters are gonna put you over 30 amps on a 110 circuit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom