How many lumens

• Thread starter FaTRippz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
F

FaTRippz

How many lumens and do i need

I just started out and i have three seedlings from bagseed im using a 150w and 100w cfl. how many lumens and watts will i need to have healthy veg process

I

ibTheMan

For real a T-8 shop light with 6500k 32w bulbs will be good for 3 weeks, then just add 2 more lights (4 more bulbs) 1 at ah time, T-5's r better but T-8's will work about as good.

dextr0

dextr0

^^^That was well said. I did want to add though that with canopy control through LST, SCROG, and/or Super Cropping you can do just as well with what u already have. 3 plants 2 cfls 250w total will be good enough. Imho.

F

FaTRippz

but the more light you have the better the grow will be? because i dont have a lamphood i keep thinking i need more light. but 250w of cfls should be enough for a decent crop.

F

FaTRippz

Thanks for the info. are you sayin that i can have a decent grow with the lights i already have. because i dont have a ballast and a hood i keep thinking i need more light. but i should be ok?

dextr0

dextr0

No. I thought u were only going to use the cfls for veg. Though i have had a nice outcome only using 130w of cfl when i first began there is nothing like a HPS, MH, OR both for flowering. Cfls will not give the same penetration etc. Penetration is key in growing cannabis as you want full buds through out the plant and not just on top which is what happens when most try to use Cfls without LST, etc....
That said i did ultimately end up changing from Cfls to CMH bulbs in the search of bigger yield.
So, in the end its all on you. No one really wants to go out and upgrade and buy all this shit ballast, hood, etc. But when your looking to turn out them big yields youll have to do it anyway. What are you looking for? Cfl imho will turn out some killer connoisseur buddlets for u to puff on in the time of need. HPS, MH, CMH...gonna step it up a notch with them big boy buds.

Latest posts

Top Bottom