How many main tops/colas

• Thread starter jaimars
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jaimars

jaimars

So I’ve been through a lot with my first grow and it’s not coming easy. Just going to upload some current pics below....can anyone tell how many main colas I have? I’ve topped her twice and was trying to see what the outcome has been!

P.s. I appreciate all the help I’ve received thus far you guys are amazing hopefully soon I’ll be a master and can contribute to helping others!

Peace and love ☮️💟

How many main topscolas
How many main topscolas 2
Terpz719

Terpz719

Well, maybe it just comes down to semantics, but to my way of thinking you won't have a main cola. For me the main cola is the top of the main stem of an untopped plant. It looks like you'll have a number of colas. It's hard to see from the pics, but the top of each branch will form a cola. So each branch that ends with new growth will form a cola.

Not that you're mainlining, but this should give you an example. This plant was topped twice, and will result in four colas, assuming there aren't any additional side branches.

jaimars

jaimars

Well, maybe it just comes down to semantics, but to my way of thinking you won't have a main cola. For me the main cola is the top of the main stem of an untopped plant. It looks like you'll have a number of colas. It's hard to see from the pics, but the top of each branch will form a cola. So each branch that ends with new growth will form a cola.

Not that you're mainlining, but this should give you an example. This plant was topped twice, and will result in four colas, assuming there aren't any additional side branches.

Sorry for the confusing terminology but I also topped the side branching something I seen and decided to try

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

It's hard to tell at this point how many will be "dominate" colas but I'd guess around 8-10 dominate ones with about as many smaller ones

Mikelej14

Mikelej14

As they flower they will begin to stretch, so the ones that stretch most you'll want to try keeping bent down so the rest grow more equally.. I'm using a net for my little autos for that purpose.

00100dPORTRAIT 00100 BURST20200703101631736 COVER
Top Bottom