How many milligrams of thc kief for edible candy?

• Thread starter bluejay
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bluejay

I am working on making hard candy with the thc already cooked into the butter for hard butterscotch candies..

Anyone know the ballpark of how many milligrams I should figure for each piece of candy?..

thank you..

Does 1mg/kg sound like the right ballpark?..so 2.2lb = 1 kg would say around 100 milligrams would be the starting doses..

T

thefabman

Premium Member
Supporter
We make very strong butter. Last batch of hard candy made called for a stick of butter to 2 cups sugar. I prefer to use tincture now as they turn out more potent due to not having to boil the butter..

Skunkmasterflex

Skunkmasterflex

Premium Member
Supporter
if u use kief in baking i put it right into the mix when mixing. or if i make muffins or cup cakes i poor them then mix kief into each once separate so i know they are all the same strength. usually use a gram to two grams of kief per muffin.....but i like my shit strong lol

B

bluejay

I am blazed right now and I used 3 grams to make 60 one inch pieces..takes about 6 pieces for a decent buzz..gonna try 5 grams in the next batch..

We(wife and I) heated the butter and put raw kief in and added that to the cooking sugar and brought up to the 300 ..Seems to work fine

S

slimjoint

i am making some strong ass butter 5oz of sugar trim and popcorn per pound of butter 36caramel turtles total. the more the merrier right?
i personally like extremlyy potent batches where i can just each a little piece and be well on my way.

B

bicycle racer

for me 500mg 1/2 gram most edibles are totally worthless potency wise. i would say a minimum of 250mg for each dose.

convex

convex

I am working on making hard candy with the thc already cooked into the butter for hard butterscotch candies..

Anyone know the ballpark of how many milligrams I should figure for each piece of candy?..

thank you..

Does 1mg/kg sound like the right ballpark?..so 2.2lb = 1 kg would say around 100 milligrams would be the starting doses..

Your going to have to be a bit more generous than that. 100 mg = .1 gram. Gonna be awfully diluted if you were to cook that into a kilo of candy.

;)

J

Jack Griffin

This is a good thread.
Thanks, bluejay, for starting it.

I know how "the more the better" philosophy works, however,
I believe it is critical, now that we are helping true patients, some of whom are old and inexperienced, that dosages per edible be as accurate as possible.

B

bluejay

Well I am going to find the right amount in time. I was always negative about edibles because without raw kief weighed.I had some edibles when I was younger that were so strong I was down for the count into part of the next day...

I want to find that 1/2 joint feel in one piece of candy...6-7 grams for the 60 pieces of candy for my recipe will be the next round...It takes time for me as I usually only spin seeded girls to get the kief and seperate seeds easier...

I am actually thinking of running a mid summer lowryder crop just for seeds and kief to perfect this recipe...

P

phillygrower

IME, for that half joint feel, you are going to need about .08-.15 of a gram, depending on tolerence. This is based on m experience with BHO, but I would bet kief would be similar.

C

Christin86

Well I am going to find the right amount in time. I was always negative about edibles because without raw kief weighed.I had some edibles when I was younger that were so strong I was down for the count into part of the next day...

I want to find that 1/2 joint feel in one piece of candy...6-7 grams for the 60 pieces of candy for my recipe will be the next round...It takes time for me as I usually only spin seeded girls to get the kief and seperate seeds easier...

I use exclusively Permafrost as the strain I of raw kief I use when making hard candy, but I don't make homemade, I melt down Jolly Ranchers for myself, they taste best!

But I use .2g of kief for every 50g of candy as my ratio and pour it out and break it rock candy style, then weigh out pieces and separate it into doses of 5grams of candy... I also have a candy mold that happens to give me pieces that weigh rougly 5-6g so if I'm just doing a small batch I use that.

But the wonderful part is one 5-6g dose will give you the most lovely high, even to people who don't usually like or feel edibles!

mikeb437

mikeb437

so your melting jolly ranchers and adding kief to it? tell me how you do that! and fabman,, do you use the glycerine for that tincture?

T

tricomb

This is the fun part...experimentation LOL get in there and mess around...I use tincture when makin hard candies...and when baking,when I'm lazy I throw 7 grams of kief in a brownie mix...ends up making 15 brownies...potent but not over the top....

A

abro2258

If I were to make a batch how much kief would I need for this recipe to get the .2g ratio per 1in candy using just Keif?

Top Bottom