How many mothers do I need?

• Thread starter wdcf
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
W

wdcf

I have been guerilla growing :harvest: for the past few years, and now I want to try my Greenthumb indoors.

I plan on having 3 different rooms, 1 for mothers, 1 for clones, and 1 for flowering, this way I can always be flowering and have a harvest every 55-60days, with 40 clones.

So in order for me to have 40 clones in veg, and and then be able to take another 40 in 55-60 days how many mothers would I need? I know all mothers are different based on height and strain...But lets say my mothers were 5 feet tall, and Indica dominant.....how many mothers do you think I would need given the variables?

if I have not given the necessary information to make a quasi-estimator, please forgive my cloning noobness.

Thanks for your time

F

Fred

Premium Member
Supporter
An indica dominate mother plant will be more like 3 feet tall. You will only need one plant to get the cuts you will need. I would keep two just in case. Strength in numbers. Good luck with everything.

fred

W

wdcf

Really I could take 40 cuttings AT ONE TIME? Off a 3 foot plant?

S

SourPatchSwag

ya

especially because you will be cutting it it gets really bushy you only need multiple mothers if you are looking to off clones or you need 100s or 1000s but like he said 2 is safer bet also encase one develops any kind of prob you dont loose a step. You can always let them go longer in between so you get bigger cuts or share the wealth with your friends and family or your friendly neighborhood collective, always helpful to pay that power bill

T

theTinker

I have 2 plants. each about 2-3 foot from bottom of bucket to top of plant. I take about 50-80 cuts easily off these every 3 months. They always have plenty more that could be taken.

If you top it a few times at a very low level so you have 10 main stems. You may only need 1 mother. 2 would be a good back up though! Just incase!

Top Bottom